How often are projections updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often are projections updated?

It seems that the projections are not being updated as frequently as they used to be?

I was reading the PT tomorrow this morning about Andy Pages and clicked through to see what HQ's thoughts were for the rest of the season. The blurb describes him as an almost everyday player for the rest of the season, but the projections only show him with 186 at-bats for the remainder of the season. Is there something I am missing, or is this just a difference in timing?

Projections are updated daily. Also a good reminder that you can click on any team abbreviation on the Depth Charts page to see the team PT allocations. Here's LA.

In this particular case, I guess I don't see as much of a conflict between the article and the projection as you do. Pages is projected for 40% PT for the balance of the season. The article notes that he's playing every day since he got called up... but that could change when Heyward returns, which is at least a few weeks away. It's not that we don't have an answer to that question, it's that the Dodgers probably don't either. If Pages continues to perform, they'll likely find ways to keep him on the roster and in the lineup fairly regularly. But if pitchers adjust and he cools off, he could easily get optioned when Heyward is ready (assuming nobody else gets hurt in the meantime). So 40% is kind of splitting that difference.

This raises a question that came up a few times this offseason: could we have a "projected PT for the next month" view? If we did, Pages would probably be at 90% for the next month, then maybe still under 50% in the full-season view.

Putting aside all of the above, Pages probably should get bumped from 40% to 50-60%, just based on his start. Will send a note to our LA team analyst about that.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
      Projections are updated daily. Also a good reminder that you can click on any team abbreviation on the Depth Charts page to see the team PT allocations. Here's LA.

In this particular case, I guess I don't see as much of a conflict between the article and the projection as you do. Pages is projected for 40% PT for the balance of the season. The article notes that he's playing every day since he got called up... but that could change when Heyward returns, which is at least a few weeks away. It's not that we don't have an answer to that question, it's that the Dodgers probably don't either. If Pages continues to perform, they'll likely find ways to keep him on the roster and in the lineup fairly regularly. But if pitchers adjust and he cools off, he could easily get optioned when Heyward is ready (assuming nobody else gets hurt in the meantime). So 40% is kind of splitting that difference.

This raises a question that came up a few times this offseason: could we have a "projected PT for the next month" view? If we did, Pages would probably be at 90% for the next month, then maybe still under 50% in the full-season view.

Putting aside all of the above, Pages probably should get bumped from 40% to 50-60%, just based on his start. Will send a note to our LA team analyst about that.
      Thanks Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Hi Ray,
        Pages is now up to 60%. Can you clarify though that equates to 60% of the games rest of season or does that factor in that he played non the first few weeks and by year end he would have played in 60% of the 162 games?

Comment

All percentages are today through end of season.

Comment

Thanks Ray

Comment

Working...
            X