Verlander PT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verlander PT

I asked this question in PT today, today, but didnt get an answer.

I didnt realize until today that your % changes for PT relate to the team rather than overall. For instance, Verlander is listed as a -3% PT change for Tigers and +12% change for Houston. I am assuming Verlanders overall PT will not change at all in move from Detroit to Houston. Can you explain?

% for all pitchers on a team adds to 100. Essentially we treat pitcher as one position per team, like 3B... so all 3B on a team add to 100%, and so do all pitchers.

I wouldn't expect Verlander's PT to change much, depending on how the month goes for the Astros and whether they can ease up on him down the stretch.

Comment

Thanks Ray, I was incorrectly assuming that the PT% changes in PT Today reflected a change in overall PT% for a player, not PT% changes for a team. And, I was under the impression that PT% drives ROS stats (at this time of year, you dont mess with the metrics that drive counting and average stats, it is only modified by a players PT). Correct?

And, so you are saying that the PT% reflected in the team depth charts is not linked to the PT driver of ROS stats, do I have that right?

Sorry I seem to be muddle headed about this.

Comment

PT% is for the player, yes, and drives the ROS projection... but it's always rooted in a team context. Really, there's no reason Verlander's projected PT% should have changed between DET and HOU... was probably more about housekeeping than anything else.

And yes, I'm beyond the point of messing with rate stats in the projections.

Comment

Thanks Ray

Comment

Working...
          X