Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball HQ Starting Pitcher Report

Quote Originally Posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    Your summary of the oppPQS number is entirely accurate, and yes, that's also based on 2014 data.

If you want to see the full PQS logs, you can go to Stats&Tools/Leading Indicators... download the full PQS report, and filter on the teams/splits you want to look at.

I agree it would be nice to be able to blend 2013/14 data at this point in the year, but we don't have that capability right now. We'll look into it though.

We don't have team L/R splits available, either... just home/road, as you've seen.
    Thank you, That would be great if you can use the previous year and ytd data combined, for the pitchers. I downloaded the file and tried to sort, I see the opp team, but I don't see the handedness of the pitchers. Also, how are the pqs ratings determined? I see a game pitched by Beckett where he pitched 6 2/3 allowed 8hits 4er, 1bb and 8 k's and that is a 4 and I see a game where Cashner pitched 6 innings allowed 5 hits, 2er, 3bb and 6k's and that was a 5 and he lost the game, how could that pitching performance get the top rating? These are both at marlins in April.

PQS definition is in the glossary. I forgot that PQS file doesn't have handed ness. You would have to grab a projection file and match on name to get handed ness

I looked up pqs in glossary and this is all it says PQS: Pure Quality Starts. Do you have a link to a more robust definition?

I believe you need to just scroll down on that page for the extended definition.

Default 11 May PITT SP

Has Geoff Blum on 11 May for PIT vice Morton ... coming back as a knuckle-baller?! LOL

I am confused about something in this weeks starting pitcher report:

Jacob Turner has 2 starts with a rating over 2
    Jose Fernandez has 1 start with a rating of 0, going up against Paul maholm.

Is that a glitch in the results? It just seems so incongruous.

No, it's not a glitch. The scores are derived from home/road performance. Go compare their PQS scores on the road so far this year, and you will have your answer.

The components that go into the score have been posted numerous times. Opposing SP is not one of them. We don't care that Fernandez is facing Maholm.

Could you post an update as to when you might think this tool may become useful? I've never noticed it to be this useless before. In past years, around the middle of May, it becomes more useful, but as of today, it couldn't be more useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Could you post an update as to when you might think this tool may become useful? I've never noticed it to be this useless before. In past years, around the middle of May, it becomes more useful, but as of today, it couldn't be more useless.
    No offense, but reading your comments about SPR and CBS, you're very difficult to please.

Th SPR for this week shows Alfredo Aceves starting for the Mets against the Yankees on Thursday. I think it should be the other way around, with Dillon Gee starting for the Mets.
    "Well, Buhner was a good prospect, no question about it. But my baseball people loved Ken Phelps's bat. They kept saying 'Ken Phelps, Ken Phelps.' "

Brad Peacock's writeup today:
    5/12/2014 - Brad Peacock (RHP, HOU) has posted the worst skills of any young SP: 6.8 Dom, 6.4 Ctl, 35% GB%, -37 BPV. The only reason he has a sub-4 ERA are his 26% H% and 81% S%. Now's the time to cut bait.
    Brad Peacock's SP Report ratings for this week:
    5/12 vs TEX - 2.73
    5/18 vs CHW - 3

Which to trust?

Quote Originally Posted by makelele View Post
    Brad Peacock's writeup today:

Brad Peacock's SP Report ratings for this week:
    5/12 vs TEX - 2.73
    5/18 vs CHW - 3

Which to trust?
    Well those SPR reports are based on a sample size of two starts... he's had a PQS-5 and PQS-3 at home, so those are the only two starts that are being considered in the report for his home starts this week.

Put another way: always trust Nickrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Stein View Post
    Th SPR for this week shows Alfredo Aceves starting for the Mets against the Yankees on Thursday. I think it should be the other way around, with Dillon Gee starting for the Mets.
    Yeah, that's a blip in the onRoto feed to us, should be cleaned up later today.

Put another way: always trust Nickrand.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree; have done very well following his advice. Just picked up Keuchel in two leagues. Of course, it "helped" that I personally watched him mow down my Tigers last week!

No, it's not a glitch. The scores are derived from home/road performance. Go compare their PQS scores on the road so far this year, and you will have your answer.

The components that go into the score have been posted numerous times. Opposing SP is not one of them. We don't care that Fernandez is facing Maholm.
    Thanks Sorry for the bother - you guys are very helpful and patient. I think it's a good tool.

"Tomorrow" & "*8-Day" download not working, it just redirects to the HQ homepage.
    H2H PTS: (C,1B,2B,3B,SS,3OF,U,5SP,2RP)
    • 16 Team: It's all about the draft picks!

ROTO:
    • 12 Team Mixed 5x5 - I seem to enjoying finishing outside the money...

Quote Originally Posted by SgtVane View Post
    "Tomorrow" & "*8-Day" download not working, it just redirects to the HQ homepage.
    Try again, seem ok now. You may have caught us mid-update.

Try again, seem ok now. You may have caught us mid-update.
    Thanks! working now
    H2H PTS: (C,1B,2B,3B,SS,3OF,U,5SP,2RP)
    • 16 Team: It's all about the draft picks!

ROTO:
    • 12 Team Mixed 5x5 - I seem to enjoying finishing outside the money...