Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The New BHQ!

First impressions.

Good: The forum's new look is a huge improvement!
    Not so good: I am finding it very difficult to find new articles. There don't see to be dates on anything until you click on the article. It is also difficult to determine articles I have already read. I think I am going to frequently miss articles and content.
    Red

Quote Originally Posted by sgrape View Post
    One problem I've encountered this a.m. is that I can't seem to get signed up for the First Pitch Chicago Seminar. When I click on 'Add to cart' it takes me to the next screen and says my cart is empty and then if I click on 'Seminars' on the left hand side of the screen it tells me there are no products to list in this category. I am signed in to marketplace so that's not the issue.
    This has been fixed and I was able to sign up for First Pitch Chicago!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Okay, there are dates on some menus but not all. That is a little better.
    Red

Maybe you just fixed it, but I'll retract the missing date point. Still not easy to see what I have already read.
    Red

I have regristered for the forum but still cannot figure out how to get to the list of sections - AL, NL, Minors, etc. Sure it is user error, but could use some help. Thanks.

Looking for the downloadable Minor League Equivalent Excel files and cannot find them. Tried search with multiple relevant terms, but that yielded nothing. Would think they might be somewhere in Scouting section but if they are, I am just not finding them. A little help, please?

Is there a problem with the rotopass password now? I had two tabs open. One for the forum one for the website. I went to go back to the site and it asked me to put in user name and password. Then said it's an unrecognized user name or password.

Yes, we're working on a Rotopass issue. Stay tuned on that.

Quote Originally Posted by HarrytheK View Post
    Looking for the downloadable Minor League Equivalent Excel files and cannot find them. Tried search with multiple relevant terms, but that yielded nothing. Would think they might be somewhere in Scouting section but if they are, I am just not finding them. A little help, please?
    Ah, we may not have moved those yet. I'll put that on the cleanup list.

Quote Originally Posted by robe48mc7 View Post
    I have regristered for the forum but still cannot figure out how to get to the list of sections - AL, NL, Minors, etc. Sure it is user error, but could use some help. Thanks.
    Did you register for the forum with the same email address that you used to subscribe to HQ? Send me a PM with that address.

Rotopass it working now. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robe48mc7 View Post
    Are you coming in thru Rotopass?

Well, I can't get logged in to the new site and get the following when trying "The username josmith has not been activated or is blocked". Ray I was going to send you a PM, but once I logged in said I don't have access to that etc.... I don't know if a factor in my access not working or not, but my subscription is free this year for winning the AL only auction league. I have already sent an email to tech support, but it said it might takes days.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Joesox View Post
    Well, I can't get logged in to the new site and get the following when trying "The username josmith has not been activated or is blocked". Ray I was going to send you a PM, but once I logged in said I don't have access to that etc.... I don't know if a factor in my access not working or not, but my subscription is free this year for winning the AL only auction league. I have already sent an email to tech support, but it said it might takes days.

Thank you,
    Did you try the 'forgot password' link? Are you sure you have your correct credentials? I'll look around on the back end.

I did, sorry forgot to mention get the following "Sorry, joesox@cox.net is not recognized as a user name or an e-mail address." It's like my account has just been wiped out.

Gotcha. I see your account on the old site (of course), for some reason it looks like it didn't make the trip over here correctly. I'm asking our tech guys to take a look. Stay tuned.

I'm in. Thank you Ray.

I'm in!

One thing - when I tried to log in to the overall site, the computer "helped" me by listing my forum name and password. But that's not what info I needed to put in there.

I'm pretty clueless on such things, so not sure if some will get stuck there....
    Last edited by Howie M; 01-29-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
    our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
    a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Joesox View Post
    I'm in. Thank you Ray.
    Oh, good. I actually didn't do anything. Tech guys must have.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie M View Post
    I'm in!

One thing - when I tried to log in to the overall site, the computer "helped" me by listing my forum name and password. But that's not what info I needed to put in there.

I'm pretty cluesless on such things, so not sure if some will get stuck there....
    That's not us, that's a browser behavior. Good to see you here, just the same.

Other suggestion. Under the "Baseball HQ Tools" heading in the Forums menu, can you please add a drop-down link to the Player Projections page?
    RIP Paco de Lucia.

KFFL news wire? I was like a robot clicking to it on the old site and never paid attention to the actual path. Not able to find today. Also, changing Avatar picture? Pls advise. Thanks.
    NL Only, 8 Team, 6x6 (OPS/HLD), $330, 30 active roster, no bench, 17 keepers

kudos on the new site and more importantly on the speed of you guys getting things fixed. I had trouble posting last night and used the contact us function - within a few minutes i got a response and the problem got addressed. Great work guys.
    16 team mixed dynasty 5X5 head to head. 28 man major league roster. 20 man minor league roster.

Quote Originally Posted by respess007 View Post
    KFFL news wire? I was like a robot clicking to it on the old site and never paid attention to the actual path. Not able to find today. Also, changing Avatar picture? Pls advise. Thanks.
    Yeah, this was mentioned in a few places today. We missed that page in the migration, will drag it over here sometime soon.

As a guy who some on the HQ staff well knows is polite but sometimes gripes about changes (still don't like the last forum search function change, but maybe that will disappear now?)...... my first impression is that I think I will like this.

Tough but fair - that's my motto!
    NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
    our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
    a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment