Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The New BHQ!

Uri@HQ Guest

Default The New BHQ!

Welcome!!! We're thrilled to welcome you to our new home. Please post any issues, questions, comments to this thread and we'll be here to help.

I spent several hours tonight and think the new site is pretty terrific. Much more sensible arrangement. Navigation will be a breeze. Looks like nothing has been lost in the transition either, though I still have some places to go. Great job guys! Congratulations are certainly in order.

the only problem i noticed is the projections don't seem to be updated and the comments are from last years forecaster.
    16 team mixed dynasty 5X5 head to head. 28 man major league roster. 20 man minor league roster.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejayboy View Post
    the only problem i noticed is the projections don't seem to be updated and the comments are from last years forecaster.
    Projections look fine to me (I'm comparing old site to new), but if you see specific guys you want to question, let me know and I'll look.

You're right about the Forecaster comments. Will get that cleaned up. Nice catch.

Looks fantastic, and everything I've clicked through is running smoothly. Well done!

Default Thanks for the compliments

... and welcome to the BaseballHQ forums.
    “Advertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

Looks great! The drop down for ESPN, Rotowire, Baseball America and Baseball Reference in PLAYERLINK is mighty impressive!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Love it. But the "From the Baseball Forecaster" notes are last year's book's notes, not this year's notes.
    12-Team AL/NL: 8 keepers (infinite, no salaries) // R, RBI, SB, TB, OBP, W, SV, K, WHIP, ERA

Forecaster notes should be fixed now!

How do I get to the rest of the formus? (AL, NL, Roster Management, Major League, and MInor League forums aren't anywhere I can easily locate.)

Like it.

However, can't see the totals on my MACK teams at the moment or R$ for any of the individual players.
    "A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while."

Default The New HQ

Hello from Chicago. I've been excited for a long time now. Just opened it up and it looks great. I see nothing but good reviews above. So off to do some reading.
    Congrats, Good job and Good luck
    Chicago Mark
    It doesn't matter. It's in the past!

One thing I'm not loving yet -- probably mostly because I'm not used to it -- is I can't, at a glance see what's new and what I've read. I really miss the old front page of the site where you could see at a quick glance what new had bee posted. It seemed I had to scan a dozen different menus and inspect the dates on the headlines to see what was there. Not very easy or intuitive. It's one thing the old site did very well, I thought.

Moderators have to review every post before they are posted????
    Craig

Will the projected 2012 values be added to the Playerlink database like they were in the old format?

Of course, we'll get that taken care of

Great job guys, the new site looks awesome.

One question: I was trying to reference some of the old Callups articles and I can only access the two most recent ones. Is all the old material going to be made available?

Quote Originally Posted by Peña28 View Post
    Great job guys, the new site looks awesome.

One question: I was trying to reference some of the old Callups articles and I can only access the two most recent ones. Is all the old material going to be made available?
    You'll see a lot more of the older content show up in the next few months. If you're looking for Callup items for individual player, they are archived in PlayerLink (news tab).

Quote Originally Posted by drakethesnake73 View Post
    How do I get to the rest of the formus? (AL, NL, Roster Management, Major League, and MInor League forums aren't anywhere I can easily locate.)
    I had the same experience until I logged in to the forums.
    “Advertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

Quote Originally Posted by FWDragon72 View Post
    Moderators have to review every post before they are posted????
    Working on this, obviously we don't want it that way going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stat Boy View Post
    One thing I'm not loving yet -- probably mostly because I'm not used to it -- is I can't, at a glance see what's new and what I've read. I really miss the old front page of the site where you could see at a quick glance what new had bee posted. It seemed I had to scan a dozen different menus and inspect the dates on the headlines to see what was there. Not very easy or intuitive. It's one thing the old site did very well, I thought.
    To summarize how this works (and I'll add this info to the user guide this week):

The very newest articles will appear in the slideshow on the main page, and in the appropriate subsection's slideshow (news, strategy, etc). The next-newest content (by date) will then appear in the "recent headlines" section right below the slideshow (again, that goes for the main page, as well as the subsections). So once we get into daily-update mode in a couple of weeks, the new 4-5 articles a day should all be in the slideshow right on the home page. And all of the headlines on the popup menu bar are dated, so if you just drag across the menu you should quickly be able to spot fresh dates that way, too.

Love the new site.....well done!

Can't seem to get any totals for my MACK teams or any R$ for the individual players.
    "A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while."

One problem I've encountered this a.m. is that I can't seem to get signed up for the First Pitch Chicago Seminar. When I click on 'Add to cart' it takes me to the next screen and says my cart is empty and then if I click on 'Seminars' on the left hand side of the screen it tells me there are no products to list in this category. I am signed in to marketplace so that's not the issue.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Well done, looks very nice. I always fear site change but this one looks good so far.