Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking owners for new 10 team NL league (hybrid draft/salary dynasty)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking owners for new 10 team NL league (hybrid draft/salary dynasty)

I'm looking for owners to join a new league. It's a challenging combination of a traditional salary cap/keeper league with the 21st century Internet friendly slow on-line draft. Below is a summary of the league makeup:

- 10 teams, NL only, Roto, daily lineup changes, bi-weekly FAAB runs (Sunday and Wednesday)
    - $100 + 1/10th of league website fees
    - $100 salary cap with tiered assigned salaries chosen by owner within a group based on the round a player is taken in a slow on-line draft
    - Stats categories:
    - Hitting: Power (2B + HR), Speed (SB + 3B - CS), Runs, RBIs, and OBP
    - Pitching: Net Wins (W - L), ERA, WHIP, Relief (Svs x 2 + Holds), Ks
    - Roster:
    - Active: C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF, OF, OF, U, U, SPs (5), RPs (4) -- 20 total slots
    - Reserve: 5 slots
    - DL: 3 slots
    - Minors/Farm: 5 slots
    - Total roster = 33
    - Draft and salary tiering (example using 1st two tiers shown below -- full details provided if interested):
    - 33 round slow on-line draft
    - Owner assigned salaries for Group A (players drafted in rounds 1 - 6): $1, $2, $4, $6, $8, $10
    - Owner assigned salaries for Group B (players drafted in rounds 7 - 12): $1, $3, $5, $7, $9, $0 ($0 for prospects who qualify as MLB rookies)

As you can see, there can be a myriad of strategies for what players are drafted when and what salaries the owner assigns the player in a group. Annual salary increases are based on the tier/group in which a player is drafted. I can provide the full league makeup document to interested owners. We currently have 4 owners. A major concern is the league owners should enjoy friendly competition and camaraderie. We've left a league where there often was unhealthy and negative communication. Feel free to PM me if you are interested and want more information.

Thanks.
    Last edited by FWDragon72; 02-08-2016, 06:00 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Craig

Owner count now at 7, still looking for 3 more new owners. PM me if interested.
    Craig

Comment

Two open owner spots left. Take another look at our draft/salary hybrid concept described in the original post and let me know if you're interested in learning more. It's a 10 owner, NL league, but we're doing a mock draft with AL players in less than 2 weeks to give owners a chance to think through salary assignment strategies.
      Craig

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your interest, but the league is now full. If we have openings in 2017, I will advertise again.
        Craig

Comment

Working...
        X