Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need 2 Owners-Long term Keeper Auction league that "emulates" the real GM experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 2 Owners-Long term Keeper Auction league that "emulates" the real GM experience

The league I am commissioner of is in need of two owners for two of our franchises. Two long term owners (10+ years) called it quits this season so we need to replace them.

We are a 12 team (3 divisions) Head-to-Head league Auction keeper league (see signature). Currently top 6 teams make playoffs. Buy-in is $115 for the season Pot is about $1000 or so (depending on other fees), and is divided up as such. Division winners get 10% each, Wildcards get 5%, Advance to 2nd round get another 5%, advance to championship get another 10%, win the championship get final 15%. SO max winnings is 40% (we spread the money around). We also have awards including trophies for division winners and wildcard winners. It is a very active league, tons of trade talks and trades, we do daily lineup changes, but weekly FAAB for add/drops.

The rosters (see below) have some good talent and money to spend at auction, but def. could use some re-tooling, rebuilding

The owners must live near NYC, or be able to attend the league auction every March. The league is very serious, and has had most of the 11 owners for at least 8 years or more. Our league's goal has always been to "emulate the real GM experience." So we are allowed to sign players to long contracts, extend players, we have a 20 man minor league system. We use HQ custom valuator to determine the cost of extending or re-signing a player.

If you are interested, and want to know more, I can share our latest constitution and discuss any questions and details about the league.

Team 1 is clearly in better shape as it has some star players to build around or deal for packages, longoria, votto, puig, yan gomes, Gio Gonzalez.

Team 2 has mostly free agents so will have a ton of money to spend at auction but I think it will take a year to build this one up, has some talent to dream on in domonic brown, pedro alvarez, chris carter.

For what its worth, Colby Garrapy took over a pretty bad team 2 years ago and took it to the playoffs the same year so quick turnarounds are possible. But if you know what your doing and know the farm system you will be able to build a competitive team relatively quickly.
    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
    Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
    28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
    Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Just wanted to bump this, its a really fun league, all our rules are designed to emulate a real life GM experience, we have 20 man farms, we have arbitration, real bidding for free agents in both dollars and years. Please PM or email me if you have questions or want to know more.

Thanks

Josh
    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)

Comment

Its been a couple of weeks, so bumping this. If you have any interest at all please contact me.

Thanks

Josh

Comment

Hey guys wanted to bump this again we are still looking for an owner here. Really fun league, pm or email me or respond here if your at all interested.

Comment

Looks like we only have one spot left, let me know if you have any interest, either on here or PM or email.

Thanks

Josh

Comment

Wanted to try one last bump on this before the new year. We have our league winter meeting first Sunday in January, still looking for one owner

Comment

Working...
            X