Home Run Derby League - Online Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Run Derby League - Online Draft

I'm starting a home run derby league: 9 hitters, no pitchers, 1 bench slot, 1 DL slot. It's a points league and the only stats that count are home runs (1 point) and grand slams (4 points). You can add players and start them on the same day, no cap on transactions.

http://y.ahoo.it/7EXEyS2S

Draft is Sunday, March 30th at 6PM pacific. 30 seconds per pick, so draft will go quickly. No entry fee this year, just testing the idea.

I've been doing this for a few year with great success. Please let us know how it goes. I'm not sure why a grand slam would be worth 4 times as much as say a 3R HR, that doesn't make much sense.

The way we do it is: The player pool is Major Leaguers who have had more than 12 HR last year. Using last year's HR totals, pick the 7 players you think will accumulate the highest aggregate HR total. However, using last year's HR total as a "salary", you cannot exceed 153. It's 20 bucks per entry, winner take all. No trades, no DL, no roster moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigiron View Post
      I've been doing this for a few year with great success. Please let us know how it goes. I'm not sure why a grand slam would be worth 4 times as much as say a 3R HR, that doesn't make much sense.

The way we do it is: The player pool is Major Leaguers who have had more than 12 HR last year. Using last year's HR totals, pick the 7 players you think will accumulate the highest aggregate HR total. However, using last year's HR total as a "salary", you cannot exceed 153. It's 20 bucks per entry, winner take all. No trades, no DL, no roster moves.
      Do you figure the standings yourself, or is there a service out there for home run derby pools?

Comment

Originally posted by coloradotim View Post
        Do you figure the standings yourself, or is there a service out there for home run derby pools?
        For the first few years, it was just by hand with monthly updates. This year, the commish is setting up a free league (Yahoo I believe) and just sorting by HR totals. It might be possible to set up a free league with only one category, but I don't think he
        s investigated that yet.

Comment

Working...
        X