Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nateman00
    replied
    We currently have one female in our league and she is as knowledgeable as the rest of us. We have had as many as three, and all were better than the first two we had, who drafted players based on if they were "cute".

Leave a comment:

• Mike Rubin
    replied
    My wife and I have a deal. I get to talk about Rotisserie as much as I like and she gets to listen as much as she likes.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    Personally, I'm waiting for the "Women of Fantasy Baseball Swimsuit Calendar."

Leave a comment:

• DougD@HQ
    replied
    Three charter members of a league I've been in since 1992 are women, and all three have won at least once, and on average, those 3 finish better than the other 9 teams year-in and year-out.

One of them is a lawyer for Oprah (don't EVEN mess with her!)

One is a VP for Great American Insurance in investment management (she has her very own set of baseball metrics that she uses--BP would be jealous)

One is a private practice lawyer who used to be a prosecutor (she is very tough in trade negotiations).

The investment manager VP has a friend in Japan who regularly consults and tells her about the various players coming over. I rather doubt this is a reliable source, though, since she rostered Yoshii when he first came over.

Leave a comment:

• Katman
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
    Just don't make any Marge Schott jokes.
    You certainly wouldn't want to offend the Nazis in your league.

Leave a comment:

• timg
    replied
    Originally posted by jtownjohn View Post
    Actually, I wonder about the gender participation on the site?
    I'd expect the % of posters who are female is even smaller than the % of subscribers who are female.

Leave a comment:

• Old Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by TOM@HQ View Post
    You know, an all-female Roto league would probably get some attention.
    You're telling me!

Originally posted by jtownjohn View Post
    I'm willing to bet 95% male, at least. Mostly because of sexist comments like mine above.

Leave a comment:

• jtownjohn
    replied
    No Differences

O.T.

As long as we area talking fantasy leagues, I hope you see SOME differences between them and their male competitors. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    "Wife Looking for a Friendly Non-Keeper League"

RobR, does your wife not view you as a keeper, then?
    He's been optioned. She'll decide next year.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    In last year's HQ leagues (ten in all), there was one woman. Can't remember exactly, but I think her team did pretty well.

You know, an all-female Roto league would probably get some attention.

Leave a comment:

• NICK@HQ
    replied
    "Wife Looking for a Friendly Non-Keeper League"

RobR, does your wife not view you as a keeper, then?

Leave a comment:

• Old Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by Howie M View Post
    Has there EVER been a women-only fantasy league? I'd love to know.
    Now that would really be a fantasy league!

We've had several women in our leagues over the years (and still do) and I see no difference between them and their male competitors. Some very good - some not so much. My experiences with women owners (as opposed to real life) have been uniformly good.

Just don't make any Marge Schott jokes.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    The signups for the HQ leagues will start very, very soon. There will be an announcement and link on the main page.

Leave a comment:

• jtownjohn
    replied
    If there were openings how would one find them? My league is slowly disintegrating so close to draft day.

Leave a comment:

• Howie M
    replied
    Has there EVER been a women-only fantasy league? I'd love to know.

24th year for us, and not a single woman has ever inquired about the league or been suggested by an owner (admittedly, we haven't had an opening since 2002, but before that we used to have 1 every year or two).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X