Free NL team for rehabilitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free NL team for rehabilitation

Our online NL-only, 12 team, 5x5 (with SV + .5 H substituting for SV) keeper league needs a masochist.

We had an owner drop out this morning twenty minutes before our auction at onroto.com. (He was mad that he could not delete Geraldo Perdomo from his freeze list while the Dbacks were saying Perdomo was day to day. By the time that Perdomo was ILed, which was this morning, the owner was unable to meet the drop deadline, which was before onroto.com froze the auction rosters and opening day pool, i.e., hours, not just minutes, before the auction. It was unfortunate timing for him, so he was frosted because other owners were permitted to drop frozen players when they were added to the IL or DFAed before the auction room setup deadline. He was not mollified by being reminded that he could replace the player with a free agent as soon as the Monday following the auction.)

Because this happened 20 minutes before the start of the auction, we were unable to delete his team from the league and restore his players to the auction pool. We had to let onroto's autoselect function draft a ghost team. That created a pretty terrible team, as you would expect, since an absent owner can only autobid $1 and thus is able to roster players almost exclusively in the endgame.

As a result of this cluster, the ghost team ended up with this roster:

Actives...
    1B Freddie Freeman LAD (2 50)
    2B Geraldo Perdomo Ari (2 10)
    SS *Tucupita Marcano SD (1 1)
    3B Nick Senzel Was (1 1)
    OF Lourdes Gurriel Ari (2 15)
    OF Andrew McCutchen Pit (1 1)
    OF Jake Bauers Mil (1 1)
    OF Victor Robles Was (1 1)
    C William Contreras Mil (2025 6)
    C Gabriel Moreno Ari (2 19)
    UT Matt Olson Atl (OUT 39)
    UT *Stone Garrett Was (1 1)
    INF Ketel Marte Ari (2 19)
    P Matt Strahm Phi (2 1)
    P Kyle Hendricks ChC (2 1)
    P Justin Lawrence Col (2 1)
    P Tyler Rogers SF (2 1)
    P Max Meyer Mia (1 5)
    P Zac Gallen Ari (2 26)
    P Jose Jimenez Atl (1 1)
    P Brooks Raley NYM (1 1)
    P *Wade Miley Mil (1 1)
    P Taylor Rogers SF (1 1)
    P Jhony Brito SD (1 1)

Reserves...
    3B #Cam Collier Cin (Farm 5)

Asterisked players are ILed and need replacement with active players.

As I post this, we are adding six rounds of reserves by email, as the auction room crashed out on me as we were about to start the reserve draft. If someone grabs this team before the reserve process completes, I will give priority to his or her choices in the reserve round. Otherwise, the owner will be free to select six players from the remaining free agent pool.

Also, the team is entitled to pick three more farm players from the universe of rookies not selected by other teams in the farm draft we conducted before the auction.

In exchange for the thankless task of trying to rehabilitate this team, we will waive the owner's fees but still allow him or her to play for prize money. (The usual entry fee is $50 for the prize fund and about $10 for onroto services.) We pay through five places and then award the following year's farm draft picks 6-12, then 5-1.

There are some quirks in the league setup but nothing that is difficult to grasp. I am happy to discuss them by private message here or, better, by email to MikeRubin2@aol.com.

We'll appreciate being bailed out. I know this would have to be a labor of love for someone.

EDIT: For whatever it's worth, the team is in the middle of the pack now and ahead of my own.
    Last edited by Mike Rubin; 04-07-2024, 08:31 PM.

We have a brave soul! The team has been taken.

Comment

Working...
    X