Boston-area 4x4 AL-only auction keeper rotisserie league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston-area 4x4 AL-only auction keeper rotisserie league

The Boston-area eight-team 4x4 AL-only auction keeper rotisserie league that I run is looking to add a couple of new teams and expand back to 10 teams this year (we were 10 teams until a couple of years ago).

While none of our founding owners are still active, the league has been around for over 20 years and the current owners have all been playing for about a decade or more and mostly live in the Boston area, with a couple also in nearby New Hampshire and Rhode Island.

It's an old school-type roto keeper league with a few tweaks -- 25-player active rosters (15 hitters, 10 pitchers), $280 team auction budget, weekly transactions, and players only replaceable due to injury/demotion/NL departure. Each team also has a separate 3-man minor leaguer roster that is populated via a separate minor leaguers draft we do. Our constitution is based on the 1998 edition of Rotisserie League Baseball.

We'll be holding an expansion draft a few days before our auction that will allow your new team to draft some keepable players that are currently on our existing teams.

The league fees are currently a combination of a base entry fee and additional per-transaction fees that have typically totaled between $75-100 for most owners each season, however we're considering changing that just be a flat $75 or $100 fee for the upcoming season instead (we'll be voting on the change before this year's auction). The end of season payouts go to the first, second, third, and fourth place teams.

Pre-covid we held our auction in-person at an owner's home, however last year's auction was held via Zoom and we are still deciding if this year's will be via Zoom or in person.

Auction date will be Saturday, April 30 this year only, however we usually auction the 2nd or 3rd Saturday following MLB Opening Day.
    Last edited by Slugger; 04-06-2022, 02:01 PM.

I may be interested.

Comment

Hi Monty, I've sent you a private message, thanks

Comment

Just an update that we have one opening left

Comment

Working...
        X