Long time NL-Only league needs owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time NL-Only league needs owner

Our long time NL-Only 5x5 keeper league is looking for a new owner. The league has been around since the mid-90s and used to be a Santa Cruz CA based league. Over the years folks have moved away so the auction is now done online.

League details are 25 players (15 hitters 10 pitchers) Categories are BA, HR, SB, R, RBI and W, K, ERA, WHIP, weighted SV (67%) and Holds (33%). Entry fee is $100 with $15 going to CBS and $85 into the pot. Transaction fees $2 per FAAB buy, $5 trade flat fee per team, and minor league keepers ($5 per minor leaguer) also go into the pot.

I can send you the constitution if you want more details.

The auction will happen after opening day. It has been a couple of days after the start of the season in the past and is likely to be that way again this year - many players are in the PST zone so the auction can be as late as 9:30PM Eastern. The auction generally goes quickly - rarely takes longer than 2 hours since it's online and there are many keepers.

Quite honestly, the team is not going to contend without significant good fortune. I'm willing to give an interested owner a 50% entry fee this year so you can take the season to try to build up your team. I can send you the roster if you're interested.

This is a league with a lot of trading. If trading of picks/futures for established players is something you don't like, this league isn't for you.

Email me at creejohnson at gmail dot com if you want the constitution, the roster, or more information.

Thanks
    Chris

Working...
X