Opening in well-established online AL-only 5x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening in well-established online AL-only 5x5

One League Too Many ("OLTM") is an online keeper rotisserie league. Historically, the rules have been based on the old Book rules, updated to take FAAB bidding into account, but we have implemented some departures from the Book as both the real and fantasy games have evolved.

OLTM is entering its sixteenth year. It is a modified 5x5 (with OBP replacing BA, starting this year, and IP and W+H+Sv replacing W and Sv, starting last year). We also have modified roster composition due to the changes in MLB teams' composition: we have gone from 14/9 to 12/10 plus a "swing" UT who can be changed weekly between a hitter and all pitcher. There is no limit on the number reserved ILed and demoted players. We have four-man farm systems and draft these players based on the previous year's standings: 5-12, followed by 4-1 in each round. We also have an in-season trade cap, which I also will be happy to explain if you are interested. No minimum number of keepers, but you can freeze up to 15 active contracts and up to four Farm contracts. Together, the rules have made it as possible for teams to rebuild as to compete for prize money.

We conduct our auctions using the onroto.com automated auction room. There are no fees for transactions beyond the initial membership buy-in, which is $25 for the pot and $9-10 for the stat service. This obviously is a low-stakes league, so you aren't going to be out much if you want to try out a strategy that you'd be reluctant to use in a league that called for payment of serious money.

One thing a bit quirky about this league is that we use a transactions system that operates over two days each week. On Mondays, we process waiver claims and FAABs using onroto's Bidmeister. On Tuesdays, we allow owners to pick from the remaining free agents for natural roster openings. (The rationale is that, with weekly transactions, an owner whose FAABs and waivers all were unsuccessful might find himself or herself without an active player in an open spot for a full week. The Tuesday FA claims opportunity lets the owner see how he or she does on Monday before filling in on Tuesday if necessary. It's not complicated and, I promise, you'd get the hang of it quickly.)

We typically have the auction on the first Wednesday night after Opening Day at 8 pm Eastern, 5 pm Pacific. Who knows when that will be this year?

There is one opening. Unfortunately, the team was abandoned last year and needs some work, but, with no minimum number of keepers, you could throw back most of the team and control the auction board with your big bank account.

We have some HQ guys in the league and they do well. If you're interested, please private message me or email me at MikeRubin2@aol.com. Thanks for your attention.

We have filled the opening.

Comment

Working...
    X