Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone want to do a Draft and Hold League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In general it's always a good idea to have a few players lined up, just in case the draft snakes back sooner than expected or you do get busy doing something else. As a practical matter, though, the timing is pretty steady and you'll soon learn the timing of the guys on either side of you.
    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
      In my defense I was very busy [reviews last four hours] sitting around the house doing nothing.
      Well, you were annoying your wife, I'm sure.
      What's the rumpus?

Comment

Don't forget to set up your team name as it will appear in the draft. Still need a few to set up their teams fully.
        What's the rumpus?

Comment

Larry, I don’t know if you have rules set up on site so I’ll ask here since everyone is active on this thread. What are roster requirements? I’m in a different draft & hold points league where the site automatically picks our best players performance & counts that towards the points. I don’t have to change lineup or nothing. This is different correct? We are obligated to put our lineup in weekly. 1 catcher or 2 catcher? Thanks

Comment

1 catcher. Ok. Just navigated to roster page. I think I answered my own questions. LETS......GET.......READY......TO.....RUMBLE!

Comment

1 C
              1 1b
              1 2b
              1 ss
              1 3b
              1 Co
              1 Middle
              5 OF
              2 UT
              9 P

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
                Don't forget to set up your team name as it will appear in the draft. Still need a few to set up their teams fully.
                Took awhile to find it, but got my Team Name fixed.
                Last edited by KEP@HQ; 04-04-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

One catcher?! It's an outrage. We should have to start three catchers. That would put the fear of God into people when you start to look at what's left down around catcher #40.

(Spoiler alert: And with 50 players and a draft and hold you will have to look at what's left down around catcher #40. It's just a lot less terrifying this way because you can lie to yourself and say that he'll never actually play.)
                  2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
                    Well, you were annoying your wife, I'm sure.
                    Sitting around doing nothing is a potentially dangerous act in the Age of Quarantine when there's vacuuming that needs doing and dirty dishes in the sink.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by KEP@HQ View Post
                        Took awhile to find it, but got my Team Name fixed.
                        Wait, you actually gave your team a team name?!! Zigging when they zag!
                        What's the rumpus?

Comment

• So my dastardly plan of taking catchers in rds 2 and 3 will not be necessary .

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwijohn View Post
                            So my dastardly plan of taking catchers in rds 2 and 3 will not be necessary .
                            Thats a very viable plan Kiwi. Chase your dream!

Comment

• I picked names for all of our keeper auction league teams now participating in our parallel-universe redraft league - all having to be part of the owner actual names so we know who's who.

among the worst/best: Fox E-Ladies, Sheldon Leonards, Billy Joels, Sloop John Bees.
                              NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                              our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                              a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

• Originally posted by Howie M View Post
                                I picked names for all of our keeper auction league teams now participating in our parallel-universe redraft league - all having to be part of the owner actual names so we know who's who.

among the worst/best: Fox E-Ladies, Sheldon Leonards, Billy Joels, Sloop John Bees.
                                Like the Sheldon Leonards and the Sloop John Bees there. Little folk music there ... always a good thing. Too bad you don't have an amateur magician in the league ... His team could be Puff the Magic Dragons.

Comment

Working...
                                X