Announcement

Collapse

Forums Upgrade

We have recently upgraded our BaseballHQ Forums. If you notice any issues or have any questions, please use the Tech Support forum or e-mail us at support@baseballhq.com.

Over the coming days you may notice differences in the look and feel of the forums as we adjust our new version!
See more
See less

Does Anyone want to do a Draft and Hold League?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maineskin and Rich still need to set up their teams.
    What's the rumpus?

    Comment


    • Also, the draft looks to be set to start at 10 AM tomorrow. I thought it was 11 AM but I guess it really doesn't matter.
      What's the rumpus?

      Comment


      • I probably will post close to 10. You probably have a bit of time. I am doing last minute analysis over a local barley wine .

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
          Maineskin and Rich still need to set up their teams.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kiwijohn View Post
            I probably will post close to 10. You probably have a bit of time. I am doing last minute analysis over a local barley wine .

            In the spirit of the last few comments, are you John Barleycorn?

            But seriously, pick #4 should come pretty quickly, as well. I'm pretty positive who I'm getting.

            Comment


            • fwiw, our silly 'sloooow draft' is barely getting 15 picks a day through one week.

              and that's fine.

              as Commish, I know that one owner has a brother who just got off a COVID-19 ventilator in NJ and is improving.
              another is still on kidney dialysis 3x a week.
              another had a tumorous kidney removed 2 months ago.
              another has 4 teenagers and just got a 25 pct pay cut at his job.

              as Commish, I don't share that with the other league mates.

              but I also don't push hard to speed up this draft, when we - if we're lucky - have nothing but time.

              there was an understandable pitch from some owners to move a little quicker today, because they were "bored."

              well the 4-kids guy told me Friday night that he (understandably and smartly) needed to shut down the internet for a stretch. he has the next 2 picks in the wraparound.

              all I said on our message board tonight was that he was kind of busy, and he'll make his picks tomorrow.

              so if an owner is absent for a few hours or more - there could be a very good reason.

              if I may suggest, just be thankful that you know yourself that - so far - you are fortunate enough to be able to focus on your next pick.

              bottom line: don't skip anybody in these times. they may have not only an urgent reason - but a wish that they, at whatever time, could turn back the clock a little and escape back into a silly draft, as if nothing ever happened.....
              NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
              our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
              a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Howie M View Post
                fwiw, our silly 'sloooow draft' is barely getting 15 picks a day through one week.

                and that's fine.

                as Commish, I know that one owner has a brother who just got off a COVID-19 ventilator in NJ and is improving.
                another is still on kidney dialysis 3x a week.
                another had a tumorous kidney removed 2 months ago.
                another has 4 teenagers and just got a 25 pct pay cut at his job.

                as Commish, I don't share that with the other league mates.

                but I also don't push hard to speed up this draft, when we - if we're lucky - have nothing but time.

                there was an understandable pitch from some owners to move a little quicker today, because they were "bored."

                well the 4-kids guy told me Friday night that he (understandably and smartly) needed to shut down the internet for a stretch. he has the next 2 picks in the wraparound.

                all I said on our message board tonight was that he was kind of busy, and he'll make his picks tomorrow.

                so if an owner is absent for a few hours or more - there could be a very good reason.

                if I may suggest, just be thankful that you know yourself that - so far - you are fortunate enough to be able to focus on your next pick.

                bottom line: don't skip anybody in these times. they may have not only an urgent reason - but a wish that they, at whatever time, could turn back the clock a little and escape back into a silly draft, as if nothing ever happened.....
                Amen.

                Here's wishing the best for all of your league mates.

                Comment


                • fwiw, our silly 'sloooow draft' is barely getting 15 picks a day.

                  and that's fine.

                  as Commish, I know that one owner has a brother who just got off a COVID-19 ventilator in NJ and is improving.
                  another is still on kidney dialysis 3x a week.
                  another had a tumorous kidney removed 2 months ago.
                  another has 4 teenagers and just got a 25 pct pay cut at his job.

                  as Commish, I don't share that with the other league mates.

                  but I also don't push hard to speed up this draft, when we - if we're lucky - have nothing but time.

                  there was an understandable pitch from some owners to move a little quicker today, because they were "bored."

                  well the 4-kids guy told me Friday night that he (understandably and smartly) needed to shut down the internet for a stretch. he has the next 2 picks in the wraparound.

                  all I said on our message board tonight was that he was kind of busy, and he'll make his picks tomorrow.

                  so if an owner is absent for a few hours or more - there could be a very good reason.

                  if I may suggest, just be thankful that you know yourself that - so far - you are fortunate enough to be able to focus on your next pick.
                  NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                  our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                  a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

                  Comment


                  • I was hoping for 8 owners last week out of 12 in our silly draft.

                    we started with 10, one got in at the end of Round One, and the straggler - who we seriously worried about - got in after Round 5. we're all thrilled that we're all in, with a league where every owner has 18+ years in and two of us date back to the original 1984 auction.

                    this exercise has nothing to do with our next auction, but we are back in full banter - and the owners are loving it.
                    NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                    our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                    a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MaineSkin View Post
                      I am on mobile and Fantrax doesn’t let or I can’t figure it out. I will get it tonight


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      This is going to sound silly, but the Fantrax site works on my iPad when I turn it sideways, but not when I hold it with with the long axis vertical.
                      2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

                      3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
                        This is going to sound silly, but the Fantrax site works on my iPad when I turn it sideways, but not when I hold it with with the long axis vertical.
                        I've seen you draft. It really doesn't matter much.
                        What's the rumpus?

                        Comment


                        • If anyone has a serious issue, I don't see any problem suspending the draft for a few days or whatever is necessary. We'll be lucky to be playing by the 4th of July, imo. So we've got plenty of time.
                          What's the rumpus?

                          Comment


                          • I'm all set...I draft 8th and I have 9 players in my Q, just in case..

                            I'm sure Mike Trout will fall to me...

                            Comment


                            • So once again

                              The basic rules

                              Here are the basic guidelines here

                              15 team

                              5 x 5

                              HR
                              R
                              RBI
                              SB
                              AVG

                              Win
                              SV
                              K
                              ERA
                              WHIP

                              4 hr time limit.

                              Clock runs from 7 AM eastern til 11 PM eastern. If your up at at 1045 PM. You will have 11 HRs and 45 Min to pick. See 8 hrs of dead clock time. So that will show long on the time clock then. If your up between 11 and 7. You can still make your picks of course


                              Fantrax will email you when your up. So if you look at your email

                              You will see when your up. You dont have to look at the fatrax site every few hrs to see if your up


                              Tom I switched it to 10 AM. Since I have my curbside pickup at the supermarket at noon. It took me a week to get and wanted to keep it. Im up 3rd and figured that I would pick by then. I didnt think it was a huge deal

                              If anyone has any problems. Or needs to pause or made a wrong pick etc. PM or email me. Ill pause the draft and fix the issue. I run 4 drafts a year and used to run that division at work. So I think I can handle an issue or two

                              This is supposed to be fun and take our minds off of stuff going on now. Thats the main reason why I threw it out to people

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by soapsup View Post
                                I'm all set...I draft 8th and I have 9 players in my Q, just in case..
                                Smart move because I'm planning on taking two players with my first pick.
                                What's the rumpus?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X