Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone want to do a Draft and Hold League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JonE
    replied
    I humbly suggest that, in a day or two, after we have all PMd circle, that (a) he start a new thread in the Unclassified Ads forum to fill out any unclaimed spots, and (b) he, or someone else, start a new league thread in the Straight Drafting forum so we have a place to post irrelevant observations, complaints, and discussions of whether "best friend" is a title or a tier.

Leave a comment:

• Old Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by Cigar View Post
    What OT's best friend said, minus the "I will crush you" part.
    He's not just my friend. HE'S MY BEST FRIEND!

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    What OT's best friend said, minus the "I will crush you" part.

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    "You have accidentally selected Chris Sale. Contemplate that on the Tree of Woe."

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    5x5 draft-and-hold with weekly transactions is probably my preference. But, really, whatever works for everybody else is fine with me: 5x5, points, bizarro 9x9 combinations, 45-player active rosters with a 10-relief-pitcher requirement and six catchers, whatevs, as long as we do it in a reasonable slow-draft format like the one we just finished, so that I can pay attention to work when I need to and draft when I get a chance.

Whatever the format I will crush you all, see you driven before me, and hear the lamentations of your women.

(Or maybe I'll end up nailed to a tree in a desert, now that I think about what happens to Conan after he says that. In the year 2020 I shouldn't discount the downside scenario.)

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Ive never dont a points league. So not overly crazy about that type of league. Especially since that would take more work for people. Since its a different kind of list then we each used for the last draft

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    If we can't do categories w/best ball, I'd prefer 5x5, but either is OK.

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    hahaha

Ive never done a points based before

Ok so ill do it this way

If your interested in going again

PM me if your interested

AND

if you would rather a 5 x 5 or points based best ball

Sound Fair?

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    Heck, I'd do points based.

Give me another week or two sitting here staring at the same walls and I'll be signing up for Russian table tennis or New Guinea darts championship league fantasy drafts.

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Originally posted by circle360 View Post
    I' emailed Fantrax and see if I can make it even easier for us

To see if they can do a Best ball thats 5 x 5 . Not just points based

Best ball on fantrax is out. Only Points based

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    Originally posted by circle360 View Post
    Todd Mcshay wont be on tonight. He is recovering from Coronavirus.
    Oh, wow. I hadn't heard that yet. Thanks for letting us know. I hope he's on the mend.

The "First Draft" podcast with him and Kiper is one of the things I regularly listen to in the lead-up to the draft.

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
    As I said in the chat, I vote for taking the weekend off then firing up another one. It's not as if we all need to make substantial changes to our rankings to reflect anything. (I would literally just make a copy of my Excel sheet and remove the highlighting. It should take me about five minutes to be ready for another draft.)

FWIW, these draft-and-hold leagues hardly take any time at all to manage during the season: five minutes if you just replace injured and/or ineffective guys once a week, and maybe ten minutes if you're streaming starting pitchers or dubious platoon hitters. You don't have any of the time needed to try to do trades, scrub the free-agent wire, etc. I guess if you really work hard at it you could spend an hour or two, but it wouldn't make your results any better.

BTW, how crazy is the NFL draft going to be? It's going to be like all of us sitting at home and drafting online.

Todd Mcshay wont be on tonight. He is recovering from Coronavirus.

Leave a comment:

• bowi8son
    replied
    I have another slow draft coming up so I have to pass, Bob

Leave a comment:

• MaineSkin
    replied
    Yeah not points based for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied