Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projections

Is my computer playing tricks on me, but I'm unable to see any projections? I get the headings, but no information listed.

Help!

I think Ray said to expect the first projections in mid December so probably a couple weeks away still

Comment

Thank you...

Comment

So Ray are we expected to get projections on Thursday December 15? If not then when do you think? Thank you.

Comment

Yeah, goal is late this week. Probably Friday for first set, then we'll need a few days of cleanup, working out the kinks etc. Should be in good shape by early next week.

Comment

This is always a highly anticipated day of the year for me?

Comment

​One of the best days of the year

Comment

Stop pressuring me!

We're grinding away at this, on two fronts: our tech guys need to roll the entire site over to 2017 mode... archive 2016 final stats, etc. That's a well-known process, but still needs to be done cleanly and completely or else it haunts us for months to come.

Then, I'm working offline on the projected data set. Once the tech work above is done, I can upload the first set of baseline projections into the database. Then those get attached to the playing time that's already allocated on the site, projected stat lines are created and fed out to all of our tools.

And while I'm doing a bunch of data quality checking throughout my process, sometimes issues aren't apparent until you get everything on the site and see that someone's projected for 200 Runs scored or whatever. So there will be a bit of cleanup going on even after you start seeing data.

Just setting expectations for what you'll see over the next several days. Process could start as soon as tonight, though you likely won't see any projected data til Friday.

Comment

Thanks for the update Ray. Hopefully I'll have something to do next week during my vacation besides wrap presents (putting them in bags) and then after Christmas at work when no one is in the office except a handful of idiots.
                  [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
                  Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
                  [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
                  ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
                  ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

If you look around now, you'll see the site's been rolled over to 2017: 2016 stats have been moved to history, stat files are empty, there are 2017 lines in the PLink historical tab, etc.

Now it's time for my end: uploading the 2017 baseline projections. I've got them offline and am just polishing them up. I'd prefer to have a few dedicated hours to review them once uploaded, so I think the upload will probably be this evening.

Will update here.

Comment

cool - I can at least get started number crunching 2016.
                      [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
                      Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
                      [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
                      ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
                      ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

And.... now we're cooking with gas! 2017 projections are now posted.

They need a bit of TLC in spots. I'll start a thread to track that stuff, but overall we're in good shape. Custom Draft Guide is running, projection files are there, etc.

Have fun!

Comment

Hell to the yeah with a dynasty startup beginning in less than a month! #clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been unable to download any information from the CDG player evaluator, cannot produce positional report or draft grid. Is a issue on my end?

Comment

Originally posted by martin View Post
                              I've been unable to download any information from the CDG player evaluator, cannot produce positional report or draft grid. Is a issue on my end?
                              Wow I was just coming here to ask the same question. It just spun and spun on my phone. Usually processes quickly.

Also, is there an xls available that includes a 3yr value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X