No announcement yet.

Depth Charts to Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I was looking for an excel representation of the Web View in team depth charts. Is something like that available?

Comment

No, but I think that copy/pastes to Excel fairly cleanly.

Comment

Yes on Windows, more challenging on Mac. But I have what I need, thanks.

Comment

Actually both need quite a bit of work to be usable or to look like the web representation.

Comment

I'm on a Mac and I've just gone to the National League Depth Chart on the webpage, clicked to the left of Pos and dragged down to the right of T HIll so that everything is highlighted; then copy and pasted it (with a simple Cmd/⌘+C and then Cmd/⌘+V) into a blank worksheet. Hold down Cmd/⌘ + K to get the insert hyperlink box up and click the Remove Link button (bottom left of the box).

Highlight the column headers and double-click on the line between any two in order to get auto column width. You can also unmerge the cells if you want and change the alignment.

Comment

Great thing about the current solution is the data is consistently logically. For me that means it's easy to push/pull it into any format I want.

Comment

I noticed that the depth charts are being updated as trades/signings occur (at least on the team view). Still a long time until the start of the season, but is there an ETA for when the charts will be updated to the "batter status" link so they can be downloaded to Excel? Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, not following. Which link are you referring to?

Comment

On "Depth Chart Center", the CSV Downloads do not match the "Team View" (at least for the Astros). McCann is shown on HOU for the Team View but still on NYY for the downloads. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Ah, interesting. OK, we'll get that cleaned up soon enough.

FYI, some of our writers are keeping their assigned MLB rosters current, but we won't officially be processing transactions and playing time estimates until next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X