Main Menu Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Menu Request

Can you guys create a dropdown for the Playerlink menu item with a simple alpha listing (A, B, C...)?

It would remove one extra unnecessary screen/click when we're trying to look up a player.

Thanks.
    "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"
    - Stephen Hopkins, Delegate from RI in the film "1776"

On the top right hand corner of the home page, under the FORUMS button, dont' you see a search box?

I use that. It would be quicker than what you are suggesting.
    Thank you BHQ =D

Comment

Originally posted by maisany View Post
      Can you guys create a dropdown for the Playerlink menu item with a simple alpha listing (A, B, C...)?

It would remove one extra unnecessary screen/click when we're trying to look up a player.

Thanks.
      Not following exactly, please explain what you're envisioning...

To get to an alpha menu quickly, just click on the magnifying glass icon next to the PLink search box on the home page.

Comment

When you roll your mouse over the main menu items, on most of them, you get a dropdown of the sub-menu items:

hq_menu.jpg

However, there is no sub-menu dropdown when you mouse over "Player Link". I'm just asking if you could add a simple alpha list as a sub-menu dropdown to this menu.
        "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"

Comment

Originally posted by RDeschain View Post
          On the top right hand corner of the home page, under the FORUMS button, dont' you see a search box?

I use that. It would be quicker than what you are suggesting.
          Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
          To get to an alpha menu quickly, just click on the magnifying glass icon next to the PLink search box on the home page.
          This might seem like splitting hairs but I have to disagree with you both.

If you go to the Playerlink search box and type in a single letter, this is what you get:

hq_menu2.png

So as you can see, it's giving me all players with a "g" in their name. While you could consider this a proper auto-fill construct, I wouldn't call it the most efficient as a primary option, and the list window as you can see is rather constrained, requiring a lot of scrolling. It's much easier seeing the full list of players on an alpha page and picking the player that I'm looking for, especially given that half the time, I have no clue how to spell these guys' names ("S-a-m-a-r-d-i-j-a???").

Comment

OK, I get what you're saying now. Would have to see how to put an alpha link in that small space.

But to see what I'm describing, try hitting that magnifying glass in your screenshot without entering any letters first.

Comment

Thanks, Ray.

You have the entire width of your main menu:

hq_menu3.jpg

This is the drop down when you mouse over "Teams". As you can see, the alpha list that appears at the top of the alpha-based PlayerLink pages would more than fit in that same space. Just the single letters going across with each one linking to the individual alpha-based page of players.

Comment

Thanks... I'll talk to tech and see what's possible there.

Comment

Working...
                X