Problems with CDG Player Valuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with CDG Player Valuator

I seem to be running into problems with CDG values that are produced. I am using 7 categories for hitting (AVG, RBI, R, SB, Strikeouts, OBP, TB). We have 10 teams in the league and I'm setting a budget at $260 since we don't have one. This is giving me Victor Martinez as my top valued player at $68 dollars. Mike Trout is way down at less than a dollar. I'm thinking this is due to having strikeouts as a negative category but wouldn't expect one category out of seven to have such a large impact.

Yeah, using strikeouts as a negative category will defnitely screw with the results, but not usually to the extent you describe. Do a little trial/error work. Turn off the strikeout category, see if the values go back to normal. We may need to look at add'l settings in your config.

Comment

Yes, if I take out strikeouts as a category, Mike Trout moves to the top at $42. Victor Martinez moves to a more expected $24. For my other settings, I have: Offensive Budget: 66%, Bench Players: 7, Valuation: Balanced, 8-P, 3-O, 1-C, 1-1B, 1-2B, 1-SS, 1-3B, 2-UT

Comment

Bench players should only be >0 if you pay auction dollars for them. (If straight draft, it doesn't matter).

I'd add strikeouts back in, with a very small weighting... like 0.25 or 0.33 or something like that.

Comment

If I just move bench players to zero, Mike Trout's value goes to $-215 which is really out of whack. Weighing strikeouts at .25 does help as that moves Trout up to $40. For some reason, Victor Martinez is still above him at $50. If I add the bench players back, Mike Trout moves to third place at $33 and Martinez falls to eighth at $30. Not quite sure what's happening but looks like I'll need to play with the weighting some more or just go with the standard categories in my rankings.

Comment

Vmart' very low strikeouts are that valuable.

Comment

Working...
            X