CDG Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG Questions

This is my first year using the CDG. I'm trying to use it for a 10 team head to head each category league, 30 man rosters and a $300 auction budget. The hitter slots are as follows: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, IF, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, UTIL. Pitcher slots are SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P. There are seven bench slots, one of which must be a hitter. There are daily moves, so most teams usually roster about five bench starting pitchers to cycle in throughout the week, so it's basically the equivalent of having 13 active pitcher slots. All thirty players are bought using auction dollars.

My big issue is that regardless of how I set up the CDG I get outputs with too many players and auction values totaling more than the $3000 in the pool. I've tried using 5 UTIL slots to account for the IF and two bench hitters, 3 UTIL slots and 2 bench hitters, 8 pitchers, 3 UTILS and 7 bench slots, etc. Whatever I do I always get too many auction dollars and too many players with positive auction values. I've been using a 70/30 split.

So one question I have is what's the best way to format the CDG to account for my league's settings. The other question I have is how to avoid having too many auction dollars and too many players with positive values. I suppose I could just go in and lower some one dollar players down to $0 until I have the right numbers, but this is also a keeper league, and I planned on using the MACK tracker to account for keeper inflation once our keepers are posted. I wanted to see if there's a way to manipulate the settings to get the proper player pool and total auction values.

Not sure if this is the entire issue you're describing, but the CDG sets the last "positively" valued player at the value of the bid increment/minimum bid... that is, $1. So you should essentially think of all of the $0.00-$0.99 players as zero-dollar or negative players. The $1 and over players should match the right number of players for your lineup spots, and that may get your total dollars closer to where they should be.

Let us know if that gets you closer to where you should be. If not, post all of your CDG settings here so that I can try and replicate what you're seeing.

Comment

Oh yeah completely forgot to mention that I had been rounding the numbers. Taking just the players valued over $1 gets me the right number of players and within pennies of the total auction values. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Great!

Comment

Working...
        X