Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide Results - Interpretation for Head-2-Head Lgs

Hello,

I am in a 12-tm, mixed head-to-head league that has moved to a 6X6, with the extra categories being OPS and quality starts. When I put these parameters into the CDG and sort by dollar values, the closers are ranked to far down that, if I was to follow the recommendations, I wouldn't get any of them. If this were a ROTO league, I would have no problem punting closers at the draft as a strategy. However, given the weekly head-to-head nature of the league, would I still interpret the relative rankings the same? Seems like I wouldn't want to completely give away a category at each match-up.

Thanks for any thoughts you have.

Bill

Welcome!

The move to 6x6 should de-value closers, as saves are now 1/6 of the available pitching points rather than 1/5. When you say that they're priced in the CDG such that you'll never get them... that's not the point of the CDG. It has absolutely no awareness of the marketplace. It's telling you what the stats are worth. You decide whether you want to pay the market rate for those stats. Sounds like there is an opportunity here for you to exploit.

Giving away a category every week in a H2H setup is actually a very viable strategy. You'll lose saves, but if you build a better offense than everyone else and win 5-6 of those categories a week, you're ahead of the game.

Comment

Thanks Ray, that was my initial impression but it's nice to hear another perspective.

Cheers
      Bill

Comment

Question somewhat related to this thread: we are also moving from rotisserie to head-to-head. Is there a change in my CDG inputs that I should make to ensure that $$ values are reflective of a head-to-head league?

Thanks.

Comment

If your H2H format is category-based and not points-based, I don't think you should need any changes.

Comment

Working...
          X