Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else having problems logging in via rotopass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else having problems logging in via rotopass.

right now I am logged in but when I try to look a anything, the website says I need to be logged in???

Try again, should be fixed.

Comment

Is HQ leaving rotopass?

Comment

It looks like Berry has turned RP into a football-only thing. This makes me sad.

I can understand from a business standpoint, if he's putting his name and face on it, since football is his brand. It's still a bummer.

Comment

Yeah, HQ and fellow USAT site The Huddle pulled out of Rotopass. So what Matthew is marketing/relaunching now is essentially Rotopass 2.0. It's football-only at the moment, not clear if that's a permanent focus. But given Berry's personal move to being football-only....

Comment

Didn't realize this was HQ's decision. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Gantner View Post
              Didn't realize this was HQ's decision. Damn.
              USAT's really, on behalf of us and Huddle. But yeah, not from the Rotopass side.

Comment

I just yearly renewed my rotopass a month ago for nothing then. Awesome

Comment

anyone else having problems logging in via rotopass.

Originally posted by Brew Crew View Post
                  I would think Rotopass could give you at least a partial refund. I never saw a heads-up from them that this was coming.

It may have been USAT's choice but ultimately RP owns the product (and pockets your money).

Comment

Originally posted by Brew Crew View Post
                    Yeah, they were supposed to be pretty clear about this. They haven't been listing us as an available site on the signup page for some time now. I'd definitely contact them.

Comment

I've got to thank RP, at least, for letting me know HQ existed in the first place. I don't think I'd be here otherwise, and HQ has been extremely valuable.

Comment

I got an email a while ago from Rotopass explaining that Baseball HQ had opted to terminate their partnership. Apparently USAT agreed (somewhat reluctantly, from the sound of it) to allow current Rotopass subscribers access to HQ until the end of the baseball season. If it is indeed the case that I will be cut off once the season ends I have to tell you (I would tell customer service but they do not pick up the phone) that I am feeling very let down by this service after years of patronage, books purchased, referrals I've given, etc.

I renewed my Rotopass in March with the understanding that HQ would be allowing me access for 1 year. HQ and Rotowire were what I was paying for- the other sites available with the package are superfluous in my view. As a consumer I could not be expected to be privy to the possibility of this happening, especially since I've been doing this for years with no problems. I love to peruse the site from time to time in the off-season, and participate in or follow the mock draft. It isn't right if you take this away from me (and your other loyal customers for that matter), or force me to pay again earlier than I should have to. I don't know if this is just the new corporate reality but it stinks. I can't imagine being treated this way when Ron was at the helm, and I've been involved with HQ since 2003 after I got a Fantasy Baseball Friday article in my email.

I really hope I'm not going to be done dirty this way by HQ. I just want all of what I paid my hard earned money for.
                        20 Team 7x7 Roto-- 2 catchers. 1-game in season eligibility

BATTING: AVG| OBP| R| HR| RBI| SB-CS| TB+SB (homers = 2 points, not 4)
                        PITCHING: ERA| Whip| W-L| K/9| QS+CG| Holds| S-BS

Comment

TBB (or any Rotopass user), feel free to send me a private message here. We certainly don't intend to have anyone feeling like they are getting a raw deal.

Couple of details, just to clarify:

HQ is a part of Rotopass until Jan 1, 2015. Your access will be good until then. If you subscribed/renewed your Rotopass before 1/1/14, then there is going to be a gap... as you note, you purchased from them expecting a year's subscription. Matthew addressed this in the July email:

Q: Can I get a refund?

A: Yes. If there is a portion of your RotoPass subscription that we cannot fulfill (i.e. - a few months of BBHQ in 2015), we will refund that difference to you if you would like. Understand that RotoPass charges $149 or less for $270 in total value. And it works exactly like you think it does.... All the sites have discounted their prices for RotoPass and RotoPass pays them all a percentage of the total amount you paid. So, say you paid $134 for a 12 month subscription. We would see how much of your $134 went to BBHQ for 12 months. (It's a different percentage for everyone based on what site they came from) We would then divide that amount by 12 months and refund the amount of months you did not have access. We are hopeful that the extra content we are providing for free more than makes up for it, but if you would still like a portion refunded, please let us know at the start of 2015 (once the access is no longer available) and we will be happy to do it.
                          Beyond that refund opportunity (which is being offered by Rotopass), obviously we want to keep you Rotopass users on as direct HQ subscribers after the relationship ends. We'll have some more info on that as we get closer to 1/1/15.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I'm being terminated 2 months early, which isn't the end of the world.
                            20 Team 7x7 Roto-- 2 catchers. 1-game in season eligibility

BATTING: AVG| OBP| R| HR| RBI| SB-CS| TB+SB (homers = 2 points, not 4)
                            PITCHING: ERA| Whip| W-L| K/9| QS+CG| Holds| S-BS

Comment

Working...
                            X