Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused about something in this weeks starting pitcher report:

Jacob Turner has 2 starts with a rating over 2
    Jose Fernandez has 1 start with a rating of 0, going up against Paul maholm.

Is that a glitch in the results? It just seems so incongruous.
    10 team NL Only 5x5 auction keeper league, 20-25% inflation each year. $330 in-season salary cap

Comment

No, it's not a glitch. The scores are derived from home/road performance. Go compare their PQS scores on the road so far this year, and you will have your answer.

The components that go into the score have been posted numerous times. Opposing SP is not one of them. We don't care that Fernandez is facing Maholm.

Comment

Could you post an update as to when you might think this tool may become useful? I've never noticed it to be this useless before. In past years, around the middle of May, it becomes more useful, but as of today, it couldn't be more useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Little_Mac View Post
          Could you post an update as to when you might think this tool may become useful? I've never noticed it to be this useless before. In past years, around the middle of May, it becomes more useful, but as of today, it couldn't be more useless.
          No offense, but reading your comments about SPR and CBS, you're very difficult to please.

Comment

Th SPR for this week shows Alfredo Aceves starting for the Mets against the Yankees on Thursday. I think it should be the other way around, with Dillon Gee starting for the Mets.
            "Well, Buhner was a good prospect, no question about it. But my baseball people loved Ken Phelps's bat. They kept saying 'Ken Phelps, Ken Phelps.' "

Comment

Brad Peacock's writeup today:
              5/12/2014 - Brad Peacock (RHP, HOU) has posted the worst skills of any young SP: 6.8 Dom, 6.4 Ctl, 35% GB%, -37 BPV. The only reason he has a sub-4 ERA are his 26% H% and 81% S%. Now's the time to cut bait.
              Brad Peacock's SP Report ratings for this week:
              5/12 vs TEX - 2.73
              5/18 vs CHW - 3

Which to trust?

Comment

Originally posted by makelele View Post
                Brad Peacock's writeup today:

Brad Peacock's SP Report ratings for this week:
                5/12 vs TEX - 2.73
                5/18 vs CHW - 3

Which to trust?
                Well those SPR reports are based on a sample size of two starts... he's had a PQS-5 and PQS-3 at home, so those are the only two starts that are being considered in the report for his home starts this week.

Put another way: always trust Nickrand.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stein View Post
                  Th SPR for this week shows Alfredo Aceves starting for the Mets against the Yankees on Thursday. I think it should be the other way around, with Dillon Gee starting for the Mets.
                  Yeah, that's a blip in the onRoto feed to us, should be cleaned up later today.

Comment

Put another way: always trust Nickrand.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree; have done very well following his advice. Just picked up Keuchel in two leagues. Of course, it "helped" that I personally watched him mow down my Tigers last week!

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                      No, it's not a glitch. The scores are derived from home/road performance. Go compare their PQS scores on the road so far this year, and you will have your answer.

The components that go into the score have been posted numerous times. Opposing SP is not one of them. We don't care that Fernandez is facing Maholm.
                      Thanks Sorry for the bother - you guys are very helpful and patient. I think it's a good tool.
                      10 team NL Only 5x5 auction keeper league, 20-25% inflation each year. $330 in-season salary cap

Comment

"Tomorrow" & "*8-Day" download not working, it just redirects to the HQ homepage.
                        H2H PTS: (C,1B,2B,3B,SS,3OF,U,5SP,2RP)
                        • 16 Team: It's all about the draft picks!

ROTO:
                        • 12 Team Mixed 5x5 - I seem to enjoying finishing outside the money...

Comment

Originally posted by SgtVane View Post
                          "Tomorrow" & "*8-Day" download not working, it just redirects to the HQ homepage.
                          Try again, seem ok now. You may have caught us mid-update.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                            Try again, seem ok now. You may have caught us mid-update.
                            Thanks! working now
                            H2H PTS: (C,1B,2B,3B,SS,3OF,U,5SP,2RP)
                            • 16 Team: It's all about the draft picks!

ROTO:
                            • 12 Team Mixed 5x5 - I seem to enjoying finishing outside the money...

Comment

Working...
                            X