Blocked at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocked at work

So, I have an unfortunate dilemma. Baseball HQ is blocked at my office due to the content. I know one solution to my problem is to use an iPad for access, but I don't always have my iPad with me.

Is there any way to have the daily content sent to me in e-mail format? Unfortunately the RSS content is blocked as well, so that's not an option.

Let me know if there are any other workarounds that you can think of.

Thanks.

Oh no!

We don't send content by email. Sorry.

Comment

Yea, that happened to me 2 years ago. Amazingly frustrating.
      "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Are there any workarounds for me? Are there people in similar situations?

Comment

I now use tapatalk for the forums, but dont have a great solution for the regular content.
          "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

the only workaround I think you got is your smartphone/ipad using 3G or 4G.
            Thank you BHQ =D

Comment

Get to work!

Comment

Given that you are blocked it's very likely that someone in IT was reviewing logs and decided to block based on the frequency of the traffic. You may want to consider this a silent warning to get to work, or you may want to go buy someone in IT a beer in hopes of changing their mind.

Comment

Obvious remedy is to change jobs!

Failing that, sometimes forums.baseballhq.com will escape a filter.

Or you can try surf tunnel or math tunnel among other similar anonymizers.
                  http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

I would not risk getting caught!

Comment

Try this (sign up for their circumventor urls)

http://www.peacefire.org/circumventor

Or set up a circumventor yourself (google will help).

Sets up a URL you can access from work that you can surf from inside (and get around the blocking software).
                      Doesnt always work but worth a try.

Comment

Ha. The issue isn't lack of work on my end, but it is nice when you're eating lunch at your desk to catch up on some HQ reading!

Comment

My work around for the occasional blocked site has been to email myself at work the URL, then open it from the email. Weird that it works. Otherwise I just use my phone.

Comment

I thought this was the off-topic forum and from the thread title, was going to recommend Metamucil, finding a little-used restroom, or an enema....
                            NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                            our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                            a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Working...
                            X