Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADP with CDG

Love the new ADP feature with the CDG.

Starting to setup my first few spreadsheets for draft season and have added ADP as a column

But I noticed a couple of quirks with the ADP's

I ran one last night and the ADP of Ryan Braun and I think Hanley Ramirez were both 11

Another thing I noticed, Trout was first then Miggy then Gold then McCutcheon but no number 5. Kershaw was 6 I think but it jumped right over 5.

Im sure its no big deal but when I see stuff like this I start wondering if I've missed something and if the data I'm looking at is correct.

Thanks
    14 team 6x6 Adding OPS and QS. Saves replaced with Saves + Holds ( Solds or Relief )

Could it be a rounding issue with your ADP column? Perhaps make it a one-decimal-place format?
    MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Originally posted by swilkerson73 View Post
      Love the new ADP feature with the CDG.

Starting to setup my first few spreadsheets for draft season and have added ADP as a column

But I noticed a couple of quirks with the ADP's

I ran one last night and the ADP of Ryan Braun and I think Hanley Ramirez were both 11

Another thing I noticed, Trout was first then Miggy then Gold then McCutcheon but no number 5. Kershaw was 6 I think but it jumped right over 5.

Im sure its no big deal but when I see stuff like this I start wondering if I've missed something and if the data I'm looking at is correct.

Thanks
      This has come up in a couple of threads. Here is the full ADP report, it's easier to visualize here. The important thing to understand is that the ADP value is NOT a ranking. It's the actual average draft position (the ADP column in the linked report).

So, yes, it's entirely valid that the numbers don't move exactly incrementally from 1 to X. As you say, nobody in the report actually has a ranking of 5 (or 4.5 to 5.4 if you're rounding).

Comment

Thanks Ray makes perfect sense now.

Congrats on getting ADP added as well. That should be a big help this year.
        14 team 6x6 Adding OPS and QS. Saves replaced with Saves + Holds ( Solds or Relief )

Comment

Having the ADP numbers in the CDG is a tremendous tool. I just started an NFBC slow draft and it will be very interesting to see how this works out for me!

Comment

Working...
          X