Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JonE
    replied
    Yeah, Ray is doing stuff every day. Cole only has to throw once every five days and then once on the side. Or not at all, now.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Nachos View Post
    Ray, this is beginning to sound like the Hamels throwing schedule.....lol
    I'm pretty sure I'm busier in March than Hamels is.

Leave a comment:

• Nachos
    replied
    Ray, this is beginning to sound like the Hamels throwing schedule.....lol

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Pushing back to Monday... just haven't been able to get it wrapped up in time for tomorrow, and a bunch going on with the First Pitch events this weekend. Look for it Monday morning. Sorry for the delay.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Now aiming for Saturday AM.

Leave a comment:

• swilkerson73
    replied
    Any update on SDG release date ?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Standard 5x5 scoring in your H2H? Generally I prefer to devalue speed in that format, since it's most easily isolated, and (anecdotally at least) it seems like speedsters get their SBs in bunches, which goes against week-to-week consistency. If everyone in your league already devalues SB, that obv complicates matters. But that would be my first choice.

Leave a comment:

• Norseman81
    replied
    Thanks! In your opinion, what batting categories make the most sense to devalue/punt in a 12-team H2H 5x5? I've been going back and forth on this between speed and average. I've got the 4th pick in the draft, so will likely start out with either Goldschmidt or McCutchen.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Don't put the weights at negative, that will invert the ordering (ie you'll actually push positive-value to low-BA players). You can absolutely do what you're suggesting here, and it's a completely reasonable strategy. To accomplish it in the CDG, set the ratings on the cats you want to devalue to something like 0.5 or 0.33... play with it a little bit until the values look reasonable to you.

Leave a comment:

• Norseman81
    replied
    A follow-up question about the CDG:

For my 12-team H2H league, which uses the traditional 5x5 categories, I was toying around with the idea of devaluing some categories in establishing the player values, since you don't need to win every category to win in H2H. Let's say I want to devalue batting average and wins, essentially punting those categories to focus on greater performance in the other eight. How would you recommend that I accomplish this when I set up the CDG? Should I un-check those two categories? Keep them checked, but drop the weight to 0 or -1? Keep their weights at 1, but increase the weight on the others to 2? Or would you recommend that I NOT try to devalue any categories? I welcome any thoughts/advice on this.

Leave a comment:

• Norseman81
    replied
    Many thanks! I'm glad I finally took the plunge.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Scheduled for March 7-ish. Note that the Str Draft Guide is something I build every year using the CDG outputs, so there's absolutely nothing wrong with using the CDG in the interim. Same source material.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Leave a comment:

• Norseman81
    started a topic Straight Draft Guide for 2014?

Straight Draft Guide for 2014?

Just wondering if and when the Straight Draft Guide will be posted for 2014? The Custom Draft Guide is great, but the FAQ says that optimally I should use the straight draft guide, and when I go to that link, the info still says 2013. Any info on the ETA of the 2014 guide would be appreciated. Thanks!
Working...
X