Profar player page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profar player page

Shows him as 19 games at DH, every other site I see is 20. In most leagues this is not an issue. In my AL only league, however DH is a position that one must qualify for.

The discrepancy is caused by a September 26 game in which Profar pinch hit for the DH. If you count that as a game at DH, then he had 20. If you don't, then he had 19. For example, baseball-reference.com lists Profar as having 19 games at DH.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Is there an 'official rule' on this? I have Profar and one other 2B only guy. If he doesn't qualify at DH I can't nominate or bid on any other 2B.

Comment

That's a question for your league I think, Sean.

Comment

I don't think there is an official rule on this because the number of games played at DH is not an official MLB statistic -- see Rule 10.03(a) where keeping track of fielding positions played is required.

I note that Profar is listed as PH-DH in the box score of the September 26 game as it appears on MLB.com. Unless your league's rules specify a source for determining games played by position or state that the league's secretary has discretion to decide ambiguous position eligibility cases, then I'd argue that the MLB.com box score is the most authoritative source you can find.
          "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
          X