Custom Draft Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide

When will the 2014 projections be available in the CDG? I have a major decision due by January 1 and some keeper trades to consider before then.
    Teams
    1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
    2. Rocky's Bullwinkles, CrashTest Dummies - 2 NL only Mendoza League teams
    3. Desperate Measures - an AL only Mendoza Leagues team - 2012 Champion
    4. Hard Times - 24 team Dynasty League, H2H points scoring
    5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion
    6. Sundry other teams too numerous to mention

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

That's my project for next week, getting 2014 projections on the site. Aiming for Friday 12/20.

Comment

Thanks Ray.

the CDG seems to be non-operable at the moment. I was trying to utilize 2013 projections to compare to 2013 auction prices but couldn't generate any values at all.
      Teams
      1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
      5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

Comment

There are no 2013 projections in the system. You can only use it when running against YTD values.

Comment

I am probably doing something wrong but I have used the CDG countless times with no issues at all. I am getting an error message to the effect that "too many players req'd ...." Which doesn't make any sense given the league/team configuration.
          Teams

Comment

PRHood has been around long enough to not need the reminders, but for the sake of others reading this thread I'll point out:
            - There often has been a day or two delay between when one can first see 2014 projections on the website and when they are good enough to use, so you might want to wait for the "all clear" signal first.
            - Often we'll project more than 100% playing time for a position until midway through spring training or so when teams and roles become more clear. There also are other changes to the projections as we move along of course, but be aware in particular that some guys with dicey claims on their playing time may especially see their values fall.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by PRHood View Post
              I am probably doing something wrong but I have used the CDG countless times with no issues at all. I am getting an error message to the effect that "too many players req'd ...." Which doesn't make any sense given the league/team configuration.
              Are you selecting "2013 projected" or "year to date" as your player universe? The former won't work at all. The latter should work, but we're actively rolling the site over to 2014 mode this weekend, so that might be disturbing the CDG temporarily.

Comment

I was using the 2013 ytd option.
                Teams

Comment

Ok, that's a temporary problem while we are transitioning between years.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                    Ok, that's a temporary problem while we are transitioning between years.
                    that's a relief. Figured I had screwed something up thoroughly.
                    Teams

Comment

Originally posted by PRHood View Post
                      that's a relief. Figured I had screwed something up thoroughly.
                      Me too . Glad I looked in the forums.
                      12 team mixed 5x5 auction keeper (min 7, max 12) with (too) deep bench and 10 team Farm.

Comment

Working...
                      X