Pass over advertisements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass over advertisements

Can't say enough how annoying your ads are. Do your sponsors really believe we'll buy their product after cursing them out when we are trying to read something and our mouse "accidentally" passes over their ad creating a popup. I won't buy their product on purpose. Ugh, please. Rant for the day complete.
    "it appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds"

NL 10 team Roto $260 ($360 in season) budget 22 active (13 offense & 9 pitchers) 5x5
    Mixed 14 team Roto $260 ($360 in season) budget 23 active (14 offense & 9 pitchers) 5x5

I don't disagree. My best answer is to look into a popup blocker. They work great.

Comment

Thought I had one on Ray but your right. I'll have to double check.

NL 10 team Roto $260 ($360 in season) budget 22 active (13 offense & 9 pitchers) 5x5
      Mixed 14 team Roto $260 ($360 in season) budget 23 active (14 offense & 9 pitchers) 5x5

Comment

Pop-up blocker was on but a lower scaled version was active. I had to add www.BaseballHQ.com to the list of sites I want blocked. Hopefully this does the trick.

Comment

Okay, not only did that NOT work, I set my popup blocker to HIGH and this still didn't block this NON-UNION car ad that I'm sick of seeing. Everyone should have their choice of what and what not to buy and all have their reasons why or why not to buy certain products. I come from a UAW family and choose to not buy foreign made cars. I pay for access to this site. I get that sponsors help keep you in business, so you are entitled to "show" ads on your site. But stop pestering subscribers like me with annoying rollover popups. For it is WE, the subscribers, above all, who keep you in business.

Comment

I am guessing you are using IE, notorious for difficulty with pop up blockers. You might consider another browser with adblockeer, I never have a problem with ads appearing on HQ.

Comment

Maybe we could get some popup ads for popup blocking software that would work?
              http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

That's ok I thought someone was advertising Passover in July! "Pre-order your gefilte fish now!"

Comment

Originally posted by southphillies View Post
                  Okay, not only did that NOT work, I set my popup blocker to HIGH and this still didn't block this NON-UNION car ad that I'm sick of seeing. Everyone should have their choice of what and what not to buy and all have their reasons why or why not to buy certain products. I come from a UAW family and choose to not buy foreign made cars. I pay for access to this site. I get that sponsors help keep you in business, so you are entitled to "show" ads on your site. But stop pestering subscribers like me with annoying rollover popups. For it is WE, the subscribers, above all, who keep you in business.

Try Chrome. If you use chrome with adblock you dont really see anything. I never have that problem on this site and I just use chrome.

Comment

It basically turned out to be just that friggin Toyota ad that was the point of my rage. It was replaced by some other non-rollover ads but has reared its ugly friggin head as I type.

Comment

Working...
                    X