Playerlink Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playerlink Error

Shin Soo-Choo's OBP has been incorrect for a week, that I know of. It's 30 points too low on his Playerlink.
    20 Team 7x7 Roto-- 2 catchers. 1-game in season eligibility

BATTING: AVG| OBP| R| HR| RBI| SB-CS| TB+SB (homers = 2 points, not 4)
    PITCHING: ERA| Whip| W-L| K/9| QS+CG| Holds| S-BS

We don't figure HBP into our OBP calcs. Rarely makes any difference, but for a guy like Choo who has 20 HBPs, it does.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
      We don't figure HBP into our OBP calcs. Rarely makes any difference, but for a guy like Choo who has 20 HBPs, it does.
      I've always disagreed with this. Getting HBP CAN be a skill rather than luck. Ask Hunt, Baylor, Biggio, even Utley and ARod.

Really, not figuring HBP into OBP smacks of, well, laziness, or at least a poor thought process. Sorry, but that's what I think.
      John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

It certainly can be a skill, but not for that many players. Over the past 3.5 years, only 8 MLB batters are averaging more than 10 HBP per season.

That said, I'd prefer HBP to be included in OBP just because that's the way the rest of the world defines the statistic.
        "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
          That said, I'd prefer HBP to be included in OBP just because that's the way the rest of the world defines the statistic.
          Yeah, I'm coming around to this point of view too.

Comment

Working...
          X