Website optimized for mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website optimized for mobile?

I know the forums are but what about the site itself? If so, where is the link, if not, is it in the works?
    John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

There is no separate link. But with a couple of exceptions, the site works fine as-is on a mobile device. I use it on an iPad pretty regularly. Certainly there are more things we can do to make the site mobile-friendly, but I don't think a separate "mobile site" is on the short-term horizon for us.

Comment

I find it cumbersome on my iPhone, enough so that I rarely visit it anymore. I don't have enough access to wifi to justify firing up my laptop just to go to HQ. I wish you would reconsider.

At least could you fix the articles so you can read the included stat tables on the Safari Reader? I've seen other sites where you can scroll side-to-side from within the reader to see the entire table. Reading the articles without the reader is just awkward on the iPhone.

What brought this to a head was trying to scroll through the tweets with my finger; I kept unintentionally opening links. A real PITA.
      John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Phone's definitely a different animal than tablet. Phone can be tough to navigate. We need to look at our traffic numbers and see if we get enough mobile traffic to justify investment in optimizing. Last time I looked, the answer was no, but it may be changing.

Comment

Working...
        X