Question Re: Starter Pitcher's report - T Milone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Re: Starter Pitcher's report - T Milone

I am wondering if there is an error in the 8 day Starter pitcher's report or if you can give me some insight as to why T. Milone is rated as such a bad rating vs HOU.

T Milone is currently rated as having a 0.58 rating vs HOU (away).

I was about to sit him, when I noticed he had a PQS 4 in a home start vs Hou in April.
    His away starts have been mixed (5,4 and 2,2).
    But his last 5 starts have been PQS 54524 (mostly 80% dom 0 dis)
    Overall, his Dom / Dis is 67% / 0...
    Houston has an OPS of 600 something...

So did HOU all of a sudden get really good? Or am I looking at this wrong? Can you confirm that this is the right rating?

I have to set my lineup tonight.
    League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

So.... Anyone from hq want to comment or confirm? It is already past my roster deadline. I am sitting him as the rating suggests. Just trying to understand.
    League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

Comment

Sure, let's break it down. Sorry I didn't see this earlier... always good to walk through one of these to illustrate how it works:

Milone has 4 road starts this year: PQS 2-4-5-2. That's an average of 13/4=3.25

RHPs facing the Astros in Houston have an average PQS of 2.33. That says that the Astros have been pretty good at home vs RHP, despite their overall problems.

The formula is ((SP score - (5 - oppScore)). So that's ((3.25 - (5-2.33)) = 3.25 -2.67 = 0.58

That's all that goes into it. No weighting of past 5 starts, oppOPS, etc.

Comment

Thanks Ray. That explanation helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X