Sorting articles by HQ writer is arduous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting articles by HQ writer is arduous

While the tabs provide a great way to zone in on some stuff, I have found it particularly painful trying to locate an article from even a few weeks ago, just trying to search it using the search box on the front page.

When you enter a writer's name, even if you use a further distinctive like "article", you get a list of items and the article you were looking for is not in the list.

Would it be possible for you to provide two alternative search routes -- one by writer and the other, by date of publication.

It would be a great complement to the existing set-up.

If there are other ways to search that I am not aware of, please advise.

Thanks.
    RIP Paco de Lucia.

Yes, the enhanced search capability (sort by date) is definitely on our to-do list.

If you're looking for a writer's regular column (say Nickrand's SP BG or Jock's Keepers column), they all have their own pages accessible from the top nav, which is generally better than searching. The search is great, but you're right, suboptimal by author for some reason.

Comment

Thanks Ray.

Just by way of example, was looking for a recent article, maybe in the last two weeks, about breakout players. I believe it was written by Ron. Went nuts, still didn't find it, lol.
      RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

I believe it was by Joe Hoffer and filed under Facts/Flukes.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
          I believe it was by Joe Hoffer and filed under Facts/Flukes.
          LOL, now you know why I need a sorting method by date. Thanks much for that. My apologies to Mr. Hoffer.
          RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Working...
          X