Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's the end of the world as I know it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the end of the world as I know it....

So, the website blocker that my company uses apparently figured out that bhq was a baseball/game related website and now it's blocked.

Any thoughts on a phone app, or easier-to-use mobile website?

Has anyone ever gotten around these site blockers?

Do I need a new job?

Ugh.
    "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

have you tried RSS on your phone?
    11 Team AL only 5x5 Keeper League
    12 Hitters 10 Pitchers (Holds+Saves)

11 Team NL only 5x5 Keeper League

Comment

i have not...dont know much about rss
      "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Bankerboy, I was in a similar situation where yahoo and CBS got blocked by work, but it was many years ago and many versions of Internet explorer ago, so I apologize I can't be more specific. But somewhere in settings or Internet options, there was a security tab and there was a server section. The server was some tech looking code, but it ended ".US". If we changed that to read ".UK" or ".JP" it routed through servers in London or Tokyo, where I guess CBS fantasy baseball isn't a problem site

it made the web very very slow, but was well worth it. Not sure if you have a global company, but something like this might be worth researching.

Comment

If you have a smartphone, download Tapatalk. It's tremendous for viewing the forums (and what I use when I'm at work)...

Comment

Thanks so much for the helpful suggestions!!

Comment

If you have a Google account it makes it pretty easy. From google.com you can setup Google Reader and add feeds. Another user posted the HQ feeds here http://forums.baseballhq.com/showthr...y-BBHQ-Article If you use Chrome on your PC and Android phone; your Chrome favorites, settings will follow you. Or you can add the Google Reader app to your phone also. You can add the RSS extension to Chrome that will access the Google Reader. There are YouTube videos that explain RSS and show you exactly how to do it.
              11 Team AL only 5x5 Keeper League

11 Team NL only 5x5 Keeper League

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN@HQ View Post
                If you have a smartphone, download Tapatalk. It's tremendous for viewing the forums (and what I use when I'm at work)...
                Would you please elaborate? What advantages does it have over Safari?
                John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
                  Would you please elaborate? What advantages does it have over Safari?
                  Tapatalk optimizes the forums for the mobile device.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                    Tapatalk optimizes the forums for the mobile device.
                    I read that there were some problems with version 2.0. Is it worth spending the two bucks on an earlier version?
                    John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
                      I read that there were some problems with version 2.0. Is it worth spending the two bucks on an earlier version?
                      I don't use it myself, but some others here have spoken well of it.

Comment

Went ahead and bought the version for 2.99. Wow, what an improvement over Safari! Eliminates most of my issues with reading the forums in my phone. Where has this app been all my life?
                        John

Comment

Just loaded that tapatalk app. Great for the forums

Comment

I just downloaded taps talk too. What a great discovery!! Thanks for the tip, Ray.

Comment

Working...
                            X