Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG - Positional Report - No CSV?

Hi guys,

I've got my CDG set up and I'd really like to be able to download the Positional Report instead of the Full List. It will save me a lot of time.

I notice there is no "CSV" option on the page. I did try right clicking on the table itself, but kept getting an error when it tried to import it to Excel (there was an "import to excel option" when I right clicked). I tried finding the solution on the site, but have come up short.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Craig

Yeah, I think we skipped putting the CSV export directly on the Pos Report because we figured it was easy to just sort the full list by position once you got to Excel. That said, the copy/paste from the browser to Excel should still work... but we put the CSV in because the exact sequence is variable depending on your browser and your Excel version. Instead of doing 'export to Excel' just try doing a Copy from the browser, then use Paste Special in Excel. Hopefully you can find a sequence that works for your setup.

Comment

Thanks Ray. The copy and paste special worked great.

I guess I could have sorted the big list as well. But as a newbie - I need the headers for each section (position).

I'm in a 12 team, 37 player keeper league (minor leaguers can be drafted at any time) where we protect 25 guys into the next year. Anything I can get as an edge is huge and your service has me excited. (Last 4 years I've won 2, finished 2nd twice). But my guys are all 29 to 33 years old. I've got maybe 2 more years where I am a serious contender and then time to rebuild.

Thanks again Ray.

Craig

Comment

Glad you're all set!

Comment

I'm also a new subscriber. I wanted to do a custom positional report with only certain categories listed. I can do a custom report of projections using the CDF but only with all the players rather than position by position. I can get a positional report but with numerous categories that I won't be using during our draft. Is there anyway I can do limited positional reports and then print them out? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Comment

Welcome, snaketom...

What you're asking for is basically why we provide the CSV option. We can't give every custom report option on the site. But once you get the CSV to Excel, you can do all of this stuff... filter on the position field, delete columns that you don't want, etc.

Comment

HI, Newbie here. I get the data imported to Excel but after I color code and tier for positional rankings I try to save and get a message saying I will lose changes by saving as CSV. I tried saving as other types...to no avail. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Save it as an XLS, should be fine.

Comment

Thanks. First time doing my draft prep on Excel. I joined this weekend and am trying to absorb MM Code BPV LIMA RAR into my cranium and get comfortable with it all. Like most skills...takes man hours put in to be comfortable with it. Then it's a matter of putting it to use with "artistic" balance and drafting skill on the fly in a live draft.

Comment

Welcome! Definitely a learning curve to be negotiated, but there are a lot of helpful souls around these forums who have been through it. So feel free to ask questions.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                      Yeah, I think we skipped putting the CSV export directly on the Pos Report because we figured it was easy to just sort the full list by position once you got to Excel.
                      But when you sort by primary position or by qualifying position you get different positional breakdowns than what are displayed in the positional report.
                      Last edited by agellin; 03-17-2013, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Sorting by the qualifying position should have the same result, except for multipos guys.

Comment

Exactly, that's the problem, the multipos guys...that's why it would be nice to have the CVS capability for the Positional Report so you don't have to go through and adjust for the multipos guys. Can you ask the tech team if they can add this capability? Thank you.

Comment

Yes, I'll put it on the to-do list. But they're already booked through Opening Day, so won't have it in time for this draft season.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                              Yes, I'll put it on the to-do list. But they're already booked through Opening Day, so won't have it in time for this draft season.
                              Thanks Ray! I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                              X