Starting Pitcher Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Pitcher Report

What's going on with that? Almost all the pitchers are -5.00. Is that going to be revised in time for lineups?
    20 Team 7x7 Roto-- 2 catchers. 1-game in season eligibility

BATTING: AVG| OBP| R| HR| RBI| SB-CS| TB+SB (homers = 2 points, not 4)
    PITCHING: ERA| Whip| W-L| K/9| QS+CG| Holds| S-BS

It's based on in-season stats, so it's going to take a couple of times through the rotations for the data to become actionable.

Comment

Has anyone ever suggested that perhaps this data be available on the player's page? Maybe showing who their next start is against and the rating? Just a thought.

Comment

Interesting. Not sure of the technical complexity of that, but can look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
          It's based on in-season stats, so it's going to take a couple of times through the rotations for the data to become actionable.
          Ray, you responded to my similar question in another thread. But, is there any consideration of using prior season stats or September stats to kind of "prime the pump" so that these early season rankings would have greater value? As per OP's observation a majority of -5.00's is of little help.
          http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Thought about it, but a) that would be programming work... probably not terribly complicated, but not insignificant either, and b) we haven't tested/validated that the data from the prior year is at all predictive, the way we know current-year data is.

For those reasons, the cost/benefit for these few weeks doesn't make a lot of sense to me, at least right now.

Comment

For the Starting Pitcher Report, I look at the "Rating" column as the summation of data and a quick reference to start/sit a pitcher? For instance, CJ Wilson has a -1 today vs NYY meaning he's more towards the sit side of things?

Comment

Originally posted by JimTurkey View Post
                For the Starting Pitcher Report, I look at the "Rating" column as the summation of data and a quick reference to start/sit a pitcher? For instance, CJ Wilson has a -1 today vs NYY meaning he's more towards the sit side of things?
                The data is utterly meaningless right now. But in a few weeks, yes, negative ratings are generally starts to avoid.

Comment

Gotcha. Love the site!

Comment

Is there a way to filter the starting pitcher report for pitchers on fantasy teams, similar to MACK?
                    \"I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.\"
                    Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

Comment

Not right now, unless you dump it to Excel and do some magic there.

Comment

where is the starting pitcher report? I cannot find it from the home page.

Comment

found it, Teams- probable pitchers

Comment

I'm wondering how to implement this report. Tell me if this rule of thumb is accurate: must start any pitcher 2.0 and over, do not start any pitcher -2.0 or under, and everything in between is a crap shoot.
                            20 Team 7x7 Roto-- 2 catchers. 1-game in season eligibility

BATTING: AVG| OBP| R| HR| RBI| SB-CS| TB+SB (homers = 2 points, not 4)
                            PITCHING: ERA| Whip| W-L| K/9| QS+CG| Holds| S-BS

Comment

Originally posted by The Brave Bull View Post
                              I'm wondering how to implement this report. Tell me if this rule of thumb is accurate: must start any pitcher 2.0 and over, do not start any pitcher -2.0 or under, and everything in between is a crap shoot.
                              Must start any pitcher +3 or over. Decent bet any pitcher +2 or over. Sit any pitcher under zero. Everything else is a crapshoot.
                              "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X