CDG set-up question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG set-up question

I have used the CDG for years (both pre-season and in season), and in preparing for my upcoming drafts I am now struggling with the best application of it's use.

If my league uses $260 to auction our starters and $40 to draft 8 reserves (at $5/player) what is the best set up for the auction?
    • Do I set up $260 as the budget per team with no reserves (this is afterall what I am going to auction for)? or...
    • Do I set up $300 as the budget per team with 8 reserves?

When I run it for $260 with 0 reserves, dollar values are much more in line with our draft tendencies, so to me, that plus the fact that I am trying to consider the pool to auction from tells me I should run it that way. Typically once in season, I use the $300 with 8 reserve setting to try to get a handle on projections going forward.

Is this sound? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, guys.
    1. 14-team mixed keeper, 5 player bench, unlimited DL slots, 4x4 (obp, hr, sb, runs produced, era, k, w+qs, sv+hld)
    2. 10-team mixed quasi-dynasty, BABS style, 50 player D&H, 4x4 (PA, avg, hr, sb, IP, era, K, sv+hld)
    3. 10-team mixed redraft, 50 player D&H, 4x4 (PA, avg, hr, sb, IP, era, K, sv+hld)
    4. 10-team BABL Championship League (with Shandler!), 50 player D&H, 4x4 (PA, avg, hr, sb, IP, era, K-BB, sv+hld)
    5. 12-team mixed keeper, 1st and 2nd half separate roto seasons, last 2 weeks h2h playoffs, 5x5 (obp, hr, rbi, r, sb, era, whip, qs, sv+hld, k)
    6. 16-team mixed h2h, 7x7 (hr, rbi, r, sb, avg, obp, ops, qs, sv, w, era, k/9, bb/9, whip)
    7. 10-team mixed h2h (too much BS to possibly list)
    8. AL-only scoresheet

Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink. -Ol' Hank

I'd definitely go with $260/0 reserves for auction purposes. You don't have the option, as you describe it, to funnel some of those $40 reserve bucks into purchasing your starters, and going with your 2nd option wouldn't stop the tool from setting that up. So don't do it that way.

Comment

Thanks, Ray. I think this makes sense, just wanted to check that this method was sound.

Good to be back! Here's to a great 2012!
      1. 14-team mixed keeper, 5 player bench, unlimited DL slots, 4x4 (obp, hr, sb, runs produced, era, k, w+qs, sv+hld)
      2. 10-team mixed quasi-dynasty, BABS style, 50 player D&H, 4x4 (PA, avg, hr, sb, IP, era, K, sv+hld)
      3. 10-team mixed redraft, 50 player D&H, 4x4 (PA, avg, hr, sb, IP, era, K, sv+hld)
      4. 10-team BABL Championship League (with Shandler!), 50 player D&H, 4x4 (PA, avg, hr, sb, IP, era, K-BB, sv+hld)
      5. 12-team mixed keeper, 1st and 2nd half separate roto seasons, last 2 weeks h2h playoffs, 5x5 (obp, hr, rbi, r, sb, era, whip, qs, sv+hld, k)
      6. 16-team mixed h2h, 7x7 (hr, rbi, r, sb, avg, obp, ops, qs, sv, w, era, k/9, bb/9, whip)
      7. 10-team mixed h2h (too much BS to possibly list)
      8. AL-only scoresheet

Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink. -Ol' Hank

Comment

Working...
      X