Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the older articles with NewBHQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the older articles with NewBHQ?

It seems like you can only the 6 most recent articles in a category. I'd was trying to find an old article Ron wrote back in Sept/Oct but it's no where to be found
    [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
    Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
    [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
    ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
    ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Everything written since the conclusion of the 2011 regular season should be over here already. Stuff older than that, we'll move over if it's relevant going forward (we'll move all old org reports, our research history, etc.), just need a few more weeks to get all of that done.

Which column of Ron's were you looking for?

Comment

I'm specifically looking for Ron's original article on the Draft & Hold league and if I remember right he had a couple of follow-up articles that were interesting and helpful. The D&H league was discussed in the Forecaster this year, but I remember the original articles having more guts.

I hope you do keep all of the old articles as an archive somewhere - esp. the Research, Strategy and Scouting sections. Not only are they useful to me when they were original written but long-term as well (off-season and future seasons). It would be a shame to see them gone.

I guess I will just have to start printing out more articles in the new world order of BHQ.

Thanks

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
      Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
      ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
      ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

Yeah, those articles were before the cutover. I'll see about getting them moved, but we won't be moving everything from the last decade, for obvious reasons.

You won't have to print things out willy-nilly, though... even after the displayed ~6 articles per category (which we may expand), the new site's search option is really good. For instance, if you type in "fanalytics" you'll get all of Ron's columns going back to September, and if you type in "Dynasty Reload" you get Jock's entire 10-part series from the fall in the Keeper League column.

Comment

thanks
          PS - the new site's search option can't be worse than the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by blueboy714 View Post
            thanks
            PS - the new site's search option can't be worse than the old one.
            Appreciate the support.

Seriously, though, the difference is that the search function was in place before the content. When you have the content and then try to retrofit a search engine, that almost can't turn out well. That was the situation on the old site.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
              Yeah, those articles were before the cutover. I'll see about getting them moved, but we won't be moving everything from the last decade, for obvious reasons.
              Ray - any luck getting these moved over yet or do you know when? I do a search on Fanalytics and don't see a darn thing other than most recent columns.

Comment

I was going to pull all of our old Mayberry content over tomorrow, and link it to Ron's column this week. I'll see about including some of the D&H stuff. But again, we're only targeting columns that have relevance going forward. We're not moving everything.

Comment

Working...
                X