Issue with Forums on New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Forums on New Website

When I click "Forums" on the new website, it takes me to "HQ Support" and I can't easily get to the other forum sections "HQ Pulse" (AL, NL, Roster Management, Minor Leagues, Major Leagues) easily. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me. Please help!

Same here, I have to sign in to the forums to see anything other than "HQ Support", then I am signed out after a set period of time if I am not active. Very annoying.

Comment

This is happening for some people, working on it. Stay tuned.

Comment

If you haven't already, can you guys log out/back in to the forums and see if that helps? Post back here and let me know. Near as I can tell, your permissions are fine.

Comment

Nope still directed to "HQ Support" and can't access other forums until I sign in, however I can see new posts now without signing in. Of course this is with my iPhone now and not my desktop

Comment

Wait... you're right, you're no longer supposed to be able to see all the forums until you sign in. If you can see everything as normal AFTER you sign in, that's expected behavior.

Comment

I'm still having the problem. How many times do we have to sign in? Somehow, I have a different sign-in for the main page and for the forums. If we weren't signed in, why would we be able to read the "HQ Support" forums? I would think you'd have to sign in (once) to view all content. Otherwise, I don't consider this much of an upgrade personally.

Comment

strange. have to sign in to get on website. click on forums. then sign in again to view. irritating but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by gjekstam View Post
                  strange. have to sign in to get on website. click on forums. then sign in again to view. irritating but it works.
                  Nothing new about that, old site worked that way to. Site login and forum login are different.

Comment

before you only needed to log in to forums if you wanted to post something , you did not need to if you were just reading.. no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by gjekstam View Post
                      before you only needed to log in to forums if you wanted to post something , you did not need to if you were just reading.. no big deal.
                      Yes, we changed this on purpose. Wanted to have the capability down the road to have non-subscriber forums.

Comment

I still don't like to have to sign in twice. Especially when using my iPhone when I want to keep typing to a minimum (I don't text since I can't stand typing on a small keyboard). It makes it a real pain to view the same content in the forums. Sorry, but I don't like this "upgrade".

Comment

drake, there's nothing new about this. Site login and forum login have been distinct for as long as we've had the forums. If you use the 'remember me' box when you log in to the forums here, you should only have to log in when you delete cookies on your browser. And the default on the site login is that it remembers your login for three weeks on a device. So really, once you've configured those two things, you should very infrequently need to log in at all.

Comment

I can confirm that the new site is remembering me on my iPhone better than the old site did. The old site I had to login every day. With the new site my initial login was the last time I've had to do it do far. Much improved.
                            MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

My first post is unfortunately not related to baseball. Still can't access majority of the forums, other than the initial 3, even though I've logged in/out of Forums 2x. Help!
                              AL-only 12tm keeper (OBA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
                              AL-only 10tm ultra (BA, HR,RBI, R, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
                              NL-only 11tm keeper/ultra (OBA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, W. Sv)
                              NL-only 10tm keeper/ultra (BA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)

Comment

Working...
                              X