No announcement yet.

The New BHQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having only used the old site for about 1 month, I think that the newer version certainly is much more visually appealing (which counts for a lot, who wants to pay for a premium fantasy baseball site that looks like it is still in the 90's?). Also, I think it's easier to get from the homepage to any other relatively recent articles. With the exception of viewing the site on a funky mobile device, I struggle to see how anyone could not find their way around the site...

On a personal note, I'm hoping to be able to prevent my league's keepers from being shown on CDG reports... Any suggestions? I can't find the other thread I created on the issue.

Comment

• finding a (new) way around the site ... it is seeming to be of this is the (new) way it is, that was the old way ... teach an old dog new tricks and all that ...

Ray ... just wondering the importance of Recent Headlines (below the picture) versus the Latest Articles (by topic) below the chart?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardball006 View Post
        On a personal note, I'm hoping to be able to prevent my league's keepers from being shown on CDG reports... Any suggestions? I can't find the other thread I created on the issue.
        You have the 'kept' column on the report, with a "Y" in it for the kept players... if you're set up right. If so, dump the CDG output to Excel, throw a filter on that column for the "Y", and delete all of those rows.

Comment

• Originally posted by tallsavage View Post
          finding a (new) way around the site ... it is seeming to be of this is the (new) way it is, that was the old way ... teach an old dog new tricks and all that ...

Ray ... just wondering the importance of Recent Headlines (below the picture) versus the Latest Articles (by topic) below the chart?
          This isn't an "our way or the highway" situation. We've definitely been making a bunch of changes to the new site as we go here.... fixing things that are broken, which is distinct from things that some people don't like. But there are a number of factors in play that make us unable to act on every suggestion we get:

The new site has only been live for about six weeks. While we're still adjusting it and growing into it, it needs a settling period. We can't run around with our hair on fire changing things based on any suggestion we get, good or bad. As you note, there is a learning curve associated with the changeover to begin with, we can't go around making that worse by moving things to a different place every time you log in. Our subscriber base skews a little older than other sites anyway, so there's definitely a change aversion among some of our users. We made one giant change, we can't pile on with subsequent changes and keep destabilizing them. Especially at this time of year, a good portion of our users want to come here, get what they need, and go draft. We need to support that.

And that doesn't even get into the availability of technical resources, or the technical risk associated with making changes during our highest-traffic month of the year, etc. Their priority is to fix things that still aren't working, not to get into design improvements.

We will be continuing to refine the site. And the feedback we've collected is going to be taken seriously. But we're going to move deliberately, for all of the reasons above.

As far as Recent Headlines/Latest articles, we're just providing multiple ways for people to consume the content. People want to digest stuff in different ways. You have the top/dynamic menu, the slideshow, the recent articles area, and the "Latest from..." at the bottom. We're not forcing everyone to use the site the same way; we're giving options.

Oh, and I think your Fact/Fluke printing issue is going to be fixed tonight. Take a look a little later...

Comment

• no yet on the F/F printing?

Comment

• IMHO ... the old way was nice in that each day new articles were listed, you went to specific day read your articles, moved forward or back through the list days/articles ... while nice to look at and i'm sure done for reasons 'on the other side of the screen' (page layout, HTML formatting etc) the new format just seems too 'bells and whistle'-ish to me ... scrolling pictures (slideshow), dynamic menu, etc

Comment

• Thanks savage, I think you've made your views pretty clear at this point.

I'll check on the F/F printing thing again.

Comment

• yeah sorry about the dead horse Ray ... :-)

Comment

• Ray - F/F printing? and todays F/F has some wonky numbers/stat lines in the Smoak section.

Comment

• I don't have an update, I'll let you know when I do.

I don't see anything wrong in Smoak today, can you elaborate?

Comment

• in the stat section some of the numbers dont align correctly in their columns

Comment

• 2009 line missing number(s) ... stray numbers between 2009 and 2010

Comment

• Ah. got it, was only happening in IE, not my Firefox. Fixed.

Comment

• Am certainly a bit late to this party, but just thought I'd say the new look suits. Haven't been on for awhile, and it took this old subscriber a little time getting used to it, but I like it. Well done. Hope you've all had a good offseason - it clearly was a busy one.
                              /Tom

Comment

• Welcome back, Tom. It's good to see your smiling avatar again!
                                "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
                                X