Announcement

Collapse

Forums Upgrade

We have recently upgraded our BaseballHQ Forums. If you notice any issues or have any questions, please use the Tech Support forum or e-mail us at support@baseballhq.com.

Over the coming days you may notice differences in the look and feel of the forums as we adjust our new version!
See more
See less

The New BHQ!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Printing is fixed. If you print now, you'll get the body of the article but not the picture or the comments.

    As far as missed articles... we don't have an easy way to search by date. But between the dates showing in the "Recent Headlines", "Latest From" areas and in the Top Menu headlines, it shouldn't be terribly time-consuming to spot the articles you missed. Also, if you're reading mostly daily, the links on the site that you have already visited should be purple, and the non-visited ones are orange. So that's a good visual queue to what you've missed.

    Comment


    • Printing does work ... kind of ... if you like/can read 6 pt. text (my guess as to actual size - it's small)

      Still not sure i understand/like the purple/orange read/un-read system. if there are a bunch of articles on a given day, but you the prior days articles they are 'bumped' from the Recent News section, then you have to hunting. where as before you could easily scroll down the list of recent (a weeks worth i think it was) articles.

      Comment


      • The request for printing mods was to remove the pictures and comments; that's what we did. If there's a font size issue, I think you can fix that in your browser and or print settings.

        As for missing articles, right now the best tip I have is to use the "Latest From" boxes at the very bottom of the home page. There, the combination of organizing by section, with dates available and orange/purple indicators of what you have read, should give you a pretty clear view of anything you've missed recently.

        Comment


        • i can get the printing to work ... kind of ... the pages i printed worked this morning after un-checking the 'shrink-to-fit'

          however, there were some pages that didnt quite work ... the pages that worked the text wrapped in each paragraph and printed nicely. Todays 'Playing Time' and 'Facts and Flukes' several lines (of text) didnt wrap/line-up with the paragraphs margin ... to print these i had to shrink the page.

          Comment


          • We're using one global style-sheet on the printing options, so there shouldn't be any difference in that behavior article-to-article.

            Comment


            • could i send samples?

              Comment


              • Thanks for the Improved Printing!

                Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                Printing is fixed. If you print now, you'll get the body of the article but not the picture or the comments.

                As far as missed articles... we don't have an easy way to search by date. But between the dates showing in the "Recent Headlines", "Latest From" areas and in the Top Menu headlines, it shouldn't be terribly time-consuming to spot the articles you missed. Also, if you're reading mostly daily, the links on the site that you have already visited should be purple, and the non-visited ones are orange. So that's a good visual queue to what you've missed.
                Ray, thank you for fixing the printing. Your decision to only print main article was perfect. Thanks for listening to my request. Thanks, Tools of Ignorance

                Comment


                • Facts/Flukes still has wrapping lines of text when printing. So have to copy and paste to print :-( All other articles print fine.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tallsavage View Post
                    Facts/Flukes still has wrapping lines of text when printing. So have to copy and paste to print :-( All other articles print fine.
                    Are you using Safari as your browser? The only place I see this is on my iPhone.

                    Comment


                    • Nope - IE 8

                      Comment


                      • I just printed out of IE8 and Firefox. No wrapping on today's Fact/Fluke.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tallsavage View Post
                          Wow - missed one day (friday 2/17) on the site ... and not sure what exactly i missed ... with the new layout it is not at all easy to find articles that were missed ... the old site you just scrolled down and were able to easily see articles read/not read .... :-(
                          I'm struggling with this as well. I'd love to see a new link off the top menu that says something like "timeline" and it lists links to all articles in a simple order of when published. Sometimes I can't log on for 3 or four days, and this would let me easily see what I missed.

                          On another issue, when you click on the new user guide, it has not been updated for the new format. It still talks about the left navigation. You may want to update that as well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by in10s View Post
                            On another issue, when you click on the new user guide, it has not been updated for the new format. It still talks about the left navigation. You may want to update that as well.
                            Yes, on my to-do list. Thanks for the reminder.

                            Comment


                            • i dont know .... i installed Firefox and tried ... still no go. doesnt make sense that the other pages work but not this one ...

                              Comment


                              • Anyone else having problems printing? Or am I the only one complaining about it? Today the only article to NOT run off the right page margin was the NFBC article. The Research and Facts/Flukes articles both off the right page margin.

                                Also, just because an article has a date stamp of 12:01 am, whatever date - doesnt necessarily mean they all come out at the same time - correct?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X