Forum Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Search

Hi Guys .. first and foremost, luv the site!!! Keep up the good work. Not sure if its just me or if others struggle with the search capability in the forums. I particularly have problems when trying to search for a phrase to get a more concise results set. Any chance of incorporating Google Search into the forums and the site in general?

Thanx for listening.
    11 Team AL only 5x5 Keeper League
    12 Hitters 10 Pitchers (Holds+Saves)

11 Team NL only 5x5 Keeper League

Hi KStan... our forums are a third-party product that we license, so we don't have much say over features, enhancements, etc. We have had periodic problems with searches, definitely a weak point of the current version. Do you have some examples of searches that aren't giving what you want? We may be able to debug them, or escalate to the vendor if a fix is needed. Let me know.

Comment

Ray,

Not to hijack Kstan's thread but a search such as "CBS Premium" returns all sorts of threads that do not contain the string "CBS". Purely a guess but it almost seems like short strings are ignored.

Comment

Thanx for the quick reply Ray .... I was searching for info on how guys were suggesting on handling the move of Houston to the AL. My experience was much like Riverdome's, lots of noise and not much substance. Not trying to create a thread b!tching about the forums, but if/when you get a chance to upgrade, please consider including a quality (google???) search engine. A small annoyance in the big scheme of running a quality web site.
        11 Team AL only 5x5 Keeper League

11 Team NL only 5x5 Keeper League

Comment

With something like 10 years of search history, noise is a bit inevitable. And if we change products, we'd lose the history. You can see the catch-22 there.

Still, the small-string note is interesting, I'll see if our tech guys can investigate that a bit. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Another clue here, which I believe should be looked into, particularly since it is commonly (and correctly) requested that members do a search before starting a new thread.

I was looking for the long forum thread on Braun and peds; and used "Braun" as my search criteria, and that very long thread (Braun Tests Positive for Peds) did not come up at all! Using "peds Braun" brought up the thread "Braun Tests Positive for Peds" which is what I was looking for. So credence to the above comments that perhaps short strings are ignored.

Seems like searching only with Braun should produce the longest thread relating to him.......

Comment

Working...
            X