CDG 2012 projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG 2012 projections

When do can we expect to see them loaded up?
    RIP Paco de Lucia.

Target date is December 16.
    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

yeah... I love the forecaster, but the analysis, and even the draft grid using MM, tends to be a little off kilter for my home league because we use OPS instead of AVG... so it changes certain values quite a bit..

Our lineup situation is also pretty different, so valuation can be quite different..
      "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
      Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
      28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
      Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

Regardless of OPS instead of AVG, you shouldn't be using the dollar values in the book for anything other than player-to-player comparison. Note the consumer advisory page in the front of the book.

Comment

Yeah I don't use the values there, when I said valuation I meant in terms of analysis and ranking, not actual dollar value , my leagues dollar values are so different from standard I've never even been tempted to use them.
          "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)

Comment

Originally posted by RON@HQ View Post
            Target date is December 16.
            Thx Ron.

Will the downloadable projections be available before the CDG loading date or will they be added in at the same time?
            RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Not sure. Probably all around the same time.
              "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

I see these loaded today, but when I try it, I get an error message saying "dollar value. too many players for selected league." Still working on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post
                  I see these loaded today, but when I try it, I get an error message saying "dollar value. too many players for selected league." Still working on it?
                  December 16. Anything you see prior to that is test data.

Comment

Yeah, the option in the dropdown list for 2012 projected values is there now, but there's no data behind it. That's coming soon... although as Ron notes, scrubbing the data generally takes a couple of days, even after you see it.

Comment

I am wondering if these values are correct for my league.

We use 5*5 with the following changes... OPS instead of AVG, and we use saves + .5 Holds (which i put into the CV as saves 1 and .5 holds).

These two players are projected for the following stats and they play the same position.

Code:

Player       Runs      HR         RBI        SB        OPS   $ (force positions) $ regular 
                      Bautista     94         40        105         8         .964        $70            $65
                      Longoria     98         38        116         8         .869        $78             $61
                      So it seems that with force positions on Bautista is losing value to longoria because he qualifies in the OF also????

Any thoughts?

Comment

I'll pass on to tech, Josh.

Comment

Thanks ray

Comment

Have the park factors been updated taking into this past season's data?

If so, are the updated park factors incorporated into the new projections?

Comment

Good question. I know they're not posted to the site yet (although we have the data). I think they're probably in the database already, but let me check on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X