Search function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search function

Many of us have complained that the search function is not picking up threads that are known to exist.

Well, just now I searched for "cabrera" - which should obviously bring up multiple threads - but instead, I get

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Can anyone else replicate this? What's the problem? Will someone acknowledge that the search function is broken?

Update: I just searched for "baseball" and got one hit. See the attached image for documentation.

baseball.jpg

Comment

I am waiting for the mea culpa from months ago on the main board, but it hasn't come.

They had a great search function, now it is terrible, and I believe they will fix it for next season. But for some presumably internal reason, there's no official acknowledgement - which is unlike HQ, frankly.
      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

No coverup here, guys. I just forwarded this thread to tech. I've seen a couple of sporadic examples of the behavior you're citing here, just hadn't gotten annoyed enough with it myself to point it out to tech. They're now aware, we'll see if they can find anything awry. Thanks for posting.

Comment

And thank you for responding.

Maybe there's a glitch where the internal tests keep saying it's fine, where real life experience is different?
          NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
          our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
          a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
            No coverup here, guys. I just forwarded this thread to tech. I've seen a couple of sporadic examples of the behavior you're citing here, just hadn't gotten annoyed enough with it myself to point it out to tech. They're now aware, we'll see if they can find anything awry. Thanks for posting.
            Thanks, Ray. You have 30,967 other posts that I'd like to read if necessary

Comment

I take a look into it folks... thought we had wrapped this one up a while ago, first i'm hearing of it again.

Comment

Working to rebuild our search index... taking some time as we have a pretty large forum base.

Doing a quick search for "baseball" turns up much more than 1 result now.

Let me know if things start looking better over next 12 hours or so.

Comment

Search function seems much improved. The examples noted in this thread seem to be working a lot better. Also, the "similar threads" section at the bottom of threads is returning more results. Let's see how this works in the coming days, but so far... thanks Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                    Search function seems much improved. The examples noted in this thread seem to be working a lot better. Also, the "similar threads" section at the bottom of threads is returning more results. Let's see how this works in the coming days, but so far... thanks Mike!
                    I searched for "search function", and this thread popped up, so we're getting recent results.

Does the index have to rebuilt every so often? Or was there a technical issue preventing new posts from being indexed?

Comment

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or have to reset something but I just did a search for Price (as in David Price) and the latest result I came up with was "Rebuilding: Price Or ACab For 2012 (And Beyond)" with the last post from 6-10-2011.
                      Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Comment

I find that's it's easy to get bizarre results like that in the Advanced Search mode. But if I just type "Price" in the search box up top, I get a number of recent thread hits... including this one.

Comment

Ray,
                          I did another search and got this thread but the next was the 6-10-2011 thread.

Comment

Weird. I get 9 threads alone that had their last post today.

Comment

Ray,
                              Here is something really strange, if I log out of the forums and do a search I get everything that you do but if I log back in I get the same results as before. This leads me to believe that it's something in my setup but I have no idea what. Any ideas?
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X