Weird tool bar at bottom of page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird tool bar at bottom of page

Anyone else noticing a weird tool bar at the bottom of their browser's page when on the HQ site?

I have several browser windows open and this toolbar only shows on the broswer page with BHQ on it. I'm at work so the firewalls should block all strange downloads and such so this is pretty unexpected.

is it just me?
    Thank you BHQ =D

Nope, not just you. Your browser hasn't been compromised. This toolbar has been rolled out previously across other FSV properties. It actually seems (to me at least) to be quite unobtrusive.

Comment

As Ray noted, most of the other FSV properties are running this banner now. Simply cosmetic, does not download anything to your PC or affect your use of the site in any way.

The goal for the toolbar is to promote social media and the sharing of information through various social media mechanisms.

We're working to get our twitter feed and facebook fan page added to the bar.

--Mike

Comment

thanks for the info guys.
        Thank you BHQ =D

Comment

The toolbar is actually kind of annoying. I would not characterize if as unobtrusive.

Comment

Originally posted by bluester View Post
            The toolbar is actually kind of annoying. I would not characterize if as unobtrusive.
            Click the down arrows on the extreme right side to hide it.

Comment

I don't see the weird toolbar, but it could be because I'm running Firefox with the Ad Blocker extension installed and don't access this website from work.
              "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

When I'm using a browser without ad blocking software, there is a match.com ad in the leftmost portion of the bar.

bottombar.jpg.

Comment

My initial reaction is "see you later." I'll probably wait until it comes time to update CC info on the Gold4 subscription to make a final decision. I should not have to run adblock on a site that I'm already paying for.

Comment

Yeah, love the site but please stay out of my pocket. Pop-ups are getting annoying. I am not on facebook, I do not tweet. No Idea what meebo is.
                    20 Team Dynasty Mixed

Comment

I have Firefox with AdBlocker, and could still see the toolbar. But it was easy to hide it: at the bottom right of the toolbar, in the "connect via Meebo" box, there's a little down arrow. Click that to hide the toolbar. It remembers the setting (via a cookie.) When I restart Firefox and come back to the site, I don't see the toolbar -- only the little up-arrow which I could use to restore the toolbar.

If I delete the cookie, then the toolbar returns the next time I log in.

Comment

That might explain why I'm not seeing the toolbar. Thanks, Tom.
                        "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Not only are the popups annoying but they are creating a problem for my company security software. Ray, is right clicking to try to block the popups really the best way to address this situation. One of the best things about HQ is that we don't have to deal with the incessant popups and advertisements found in other sites. If I want to go to Facebook or Meebo, I can do it on my own.

How about soliciting FSV to nix the popups?

Thanks.

Bluester

Comment

We are passing along the feedback to FSV.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X