Screen freezes when Rototimes accessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen freezes when Rototimes accessed

Every time I try to click on "projected starters" under the Rotowire and Additional Resources place, my screen locks and I have to restart my computer to get out of it.
    "All pitchers are liars or crybabies." Yogi Berra
    26th year, 5x5 redraft, mixed league, 12 teams
    24th year, 5x5, redraft, AL only, 10 teams (only 8 teams this season)

It doesn't freeze my screen, but since Rototimes is out of business we should probably remove that link anyway. Actually, I've been looking for a new/free source of Probable SP data to place there.

Comment

Originally posted by elias View Post
      Every time I try to click on "projected starters" under the Rotowire and Additional Resources place, my screen locks and I have to restart my computer to get out of it.
      I was having the same issue. Browser kept searching for a no longer in service site. I deleted it.

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
      It doesn't freeze my screen, but since Rototimes is out of business we should probably remove that link anyway. Actually, I've been looking for a new/free source of Probable SP data to place there.
      Ray ... RotoWire has a nice 7 day "Projected Starting Pitchers" grid.
      MLB.com has a 3 day list of pitching match ups. You can ask for the next 3 days (days 4-6) but it lists a lot of TBD's. Think I prefer RotoWire.
      IIRC, RotoWire is kind of a BBHQ partner. I get a discount from them, because I subscribe to BBHQ. It's a great baseball news site.
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that ... George Carlin

1st Place ... 2010 HQFML & 2011 HQFML. Who says "lightning never strikes twice" ;-)

Comment

Yes, Rotowire has a great pitching matchup table. But I can't add that link to our page there, because it's behind their pay wall. I've been looking for another free 7-day chart out there like Rototimes used to run, haven't found one. If you know of one of those, let me know and I'll link it where that Rototimes link is now.

Comment

Rototimes

I actually used the rototimes site for player notes and information, more than anything else. If you wanted injury news or just an update, you could search under a player name. Or if you wanted player notes, they kept up to date like rotowire, but free. I liked their presentation better than any of the other sites that I have tried.

Any suggestions on Player Notes? Both of my leagues are on ESPN and their player notes are OK, but not as good. USA today -- Ok, but not as good. and are either of these easily searched?
          "All pitchers are liars or crybabies." Yogi Berra
          26th year, 5x5 redraft, mixed league, 12 teams
          24th year, 5x5, redraft, AL only, 10 teams (only 8 teams this season)

Comment

Surprisingly ESPN doesn't have a bad pitching probables page. Unfortunately each day is on a separate page.
            The complete 2011 MLB season schedule on ESPN. Includes game times, TV listings and ticket information for all MLB games.

I'll be happy when BHQ gets their Sunday weekly planner for week's pitching rotations running again. I don't remember it taking this long in the past to get up and running.
            [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
            Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
            [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
            ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
            ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

Working...
            X