• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probable Starting Pitchers report

Sorry if I missed the start-up date announcement for this helpful tool:

But, when can we expect it?
    5714 K's
    7 No-No's

I use a Mac and can't seem to access the starting pitchers report. Just a blue box. Am I missing something?

Comment

Nope, you're not missing something. Our data source went off and changed their format on us during the offseason, so we have some programming to do to get this functional again. Luckily, other than the matchups themselves, you aren't missing much here right now, since things like Last 5 PQS logs and matchup scores are obviously garbage in the first few weeks of the season. We'll get this fixed ASAP, certainly by the time the data in the report becomes meaningful.

Comment

Thanks Ray.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a whole lot of useful information at this point in the season.

Comment

Any update as to when this information will start being available?

Comment

Getting close. I'm hoping we have it in time for next weekend.

Comment

Thanks for putting the report up.

It looks like the location of this weeks games are all backwards. Home games are really road games, and vice versa.

Will this have any impact on the ratings or other numbers presented, or is the remainder of the data correct?

Thanks!

Comment

I'm going to admit being confused by the information in the chart. It seems like the starting pitchers are in the opposite fields. For example, Arizona plays Chicago today. I'm probably misreading this, but it looks like Daniel Hudson is the opposing pitcher for Chicago against Casey Coleman for the DBacks. When I go down to the Cubs, it shows Hudson as the starter. If this is the correct format, then I can adjust, just makes digging a little confusing.
                Last edited by jtownjohn; 05-01-2011, 08:34 AM. Reason: clarification
                "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing - the SP is the Opp SP are flipped. The PQS refers to the SP (actually the Opp SP). Not sure about anything.
                  [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
                  Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
                  [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
                  ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
                  ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

The home/road locations were reversed, and have now been fixed. Unfortunately, in doing that we seem to have introduced that reversal of the team SPs that you're seeing now. Will try to get that fixed quickly, sorry.

Comment

OK, I think it's all untangled now. Sorry about the mess.

Comment

Thanks Ray. I'll go check it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X