adding Mayberry Method scores to custom draft guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding Mayberry Method scores to custom draft guide

Is there any chance of having the Mayberry Method scores added into the custom draft guide? I've really bought into the whole idea of the Mayberry Method as being a better barometer of expected player performance levels and would love to see it become part of the custom draft guide. Also, was thinking of using Mayberry scores to rank players by position into tiers(instead of using dollar values which are useless for me since I'm a straight drafter) and wanted to get some input on that idea.
    Sincerely,
    Rich McCormick.

Yes, absolutely. We're working on that now. Should be available within the next couple of weeks, well in advance of draft season.

Not exactly sure about ranking by MM score, but it's an interesting idea.

Comment

Ron had formulas for a Mayberry "score" in one of the first articles last winter. Will this be incorporated in any way into projections? http://www.baseballhq.com/members/ne...rs100115.shtml

Comment

Ray,
        Thanks for the quick reply.Since stat projections,in and of themselves, are inherently inaccurate,I just thought that using MM scores to rank players would,by the very nature of how the MM scores are created,provide an improved insight into the valuation of player rankings,especially when trying to create tiered rankings.As you stated in your BHQ column today,since we "dont' know what we don't know",using MM scores would reduce the reliance on inaccurate,exact stat projection lines in favor of the broader valuations that MM scores create.

Comment

I'll pass the idea of ranking by MM scores to tech, I just don't know at this point how attainable it is.

But yes, the MM scores themselves are intended to appear in the CDG.

Comment

Working...
          X