Problems downloading csv files into excel using a macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems downloading csv files into excel using a macro

I have been using a VBA macro for a couple of years to download stats from the HQ server. This year, however, I am getting a run-time error (1004) telling me the file can not be accessed. Has anything changed on your server (addresses, policies, etc) that might be causing my problem.

Thanks
    "Give that fan a contract!" - Rex Barney

He's throwing a 2 hit shutout and he's shaking me off, can you believe that sh**! Charlie, here comes the deuce; and when you speak of me, speak well. - Crash Davis

What file are you accessing?

Comment

Batting_NL_P.csv at the following URL:

He's throwing a 2 hit shutout and he's shaking me off, can you believe that sh**! Charlie, here comes the deuce; and when you speak of me, speak well. - Crash Davis

Comment

When did you last do this successfully? We definitely made some security changes last August that I can recall.

Comment

It was December that I last successfully downloaded it.

Comment

OK, I'll ask our tech guys to comment here.

Comment

Not really sure the issue here -- we did do some changes, but going to that URL natively seems to work OK.

Can you download the file locally then run the script to pull the file in locally?

Did something change in the file to break the script?

Comment

Yes, I can import it locally. I'm gonna try some other computers and see if that is the issue. This is the only one with Office 2010. I did remove the protected view restrictions to no avail...

Comment

Yeah, it must be Excel 2010. Works fine on 2007 on another computer. Thanks for looking in to this, though...

Comment

For what it's worth, I use Excel's web query feature.
                    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                    X